Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Good bonus going on now at Brooklyn Bedding! (Mar. '14) 2 pillows & mattress protector with qualifying puchase in addition to Free ship & No tax…

I am using your mattress forum as I attempt to get the healthiest mattress at lowest cost matching my preferences, which I would not know without this site. Feeling confident :whistle: .

Good luck all of us! :blink:

Checking a few more options using MU members. Feeling good :silly:

Thank you MU! (Phoenix)

Hi exflirt and KSueSmith,

I’m glad you both found us … and welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix.

Lovely site & what a lot of work you’ve done. Spending this much money is hard without the security your research offers us. I appreciate that I get a forum member discount. Will it expire. ( in case I retrace some of my steps & slow myself down)
How do I get my discount/bonus?

Do you consider Brooklyn Bedding & Dreamfoam equals when it comes to value. If I screw up I won’t hear the end.

Hi KSueSmith,

They don’t expire and all you need to do is let the retail or manufacturing member of the site you are buying from know you are a member here (or use the code for those that use one) to receive the discount or bonus they provide (unless there is a temporary sale that is greater than the discount).

The value of a mattress purchase depends on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you so the value of some of their mattresses may be much better than others based on your criteria and this may be very different than someone else.

From a “raw materials” perspective though (and don’t forget that buying a mattress based on the price per pound or per inch of material would be like buying clothing based on the cost per pound), mattresses made by the same manufacturer tend to be in a similar “value” range throughout their lineup although mattresses in higher budget ranges tend to have slightly higher margins.

Phoenix

Thanks for the great site, Phoenix. I’m in the process of purchasing a Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams mattress! I’m still hesitating about getting a mattress protector. But this site is definitely a great source for info.

Hi jimmyclackers,

As you know I think highly of Dreamfoam … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

I would definitely include a mattress protector in your purchase to keep your sleeping surface clean and hygienic and to protect the warranty (which is usually voided if there are any stains on the mattress). Post #89 here has more about the pros and cons of different types of protectors.

Phoenix

The Mattress Underground has been an extremely valuable resource for me as I have been researching a new mattress for me and my wife. I’ve been in the process of researching organic all-latex mattresses and your posts have been extraordinarily informative, unbiased, and helpful. I’m narrowing in on Sleep EZ and think I am going to be placing an order in the next few days. Can’t wait to get it all set up!

Thanks for everything!

Hi rossimo,

I’m glad you found us and that the site could help :slight_smile:

As you now … I think highly of SleepEz and you are certainly looking in a great direction.

Phoenix

I have just started looking for a new mattress. I have spent the last 4 hours exploring and researching your site . I find it to be extremely informative and interesting. I learned more about beds, sheets, etc than I even knew existed. Thanks so very much

Hi Riley6180,

You’re very welcome … and I’m glad you found us.

Good luck in your search and of course if you have questions or comments along the way feel free to post them.

Phoenix

Thanks to this place I selected a 12" Ultimate Dreams Eurotop Latex Mattress from Dreamfoam. 900 for a queen off Amazon, plus I cashed in 200 dollars in coins and got 100% back from coinstar for an Amazon giftcard :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully the free pillow is good too!

Hi pelirrojoo,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I hope you have the chance to share your thoughts and feedback once you’ve received it.

Phoenix

I had been doing research on mattresses for about a month, attempting to find an objective, knowledgeable forum to get some actual criteria with which to make decisions. This site, the responses and the recommendations have been great in providing the answers I sought.

We are going to one of the members’ warehouses today to apply the knowledge we now have.

Thanks much.

Chris

Hi chrisflorquist,

I’m glad you found us and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing and of course any comments, feedback, or questions you have along the way.

Phoenix

PS: I noticed that you registered with your email as a username which can lead to automated spambots finding it and adding you to their spam lists. If you’d like I can manually change it to the part before the @ (or anything that you wish) so your email isn’t publicly visible.

Phoenix:

I wanted to thank you for all the effort you’ve put into this site.

We are looking to size up to a king (dogs keep us up at night!), and the help provided here is priceless.

Keep up the good work.
srama

Hi srama,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Good luck in your search and of course feel free to post any questions or comments you have along the way.

Phoenix

Thank you for making this website. I can’t tell you how helpful it’s been.

Much appreciated :cheer:

Hi travblaze,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Phoenix

The information from this site and forum is invaluable! Thanks!
I will tell all of my mattress-shopping friends to come here first. :lol: :cheer:

Hi zorca,

I’m glad you found us and that the site is helpful for you … and welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix