Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Iā€™ve always had the cheapest twin size mattress through college, and Iā€™m excited to finally buy myself an ā€œadultā€ mattress! B) :woohoo:

Hi trekcat1701,

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!

Been busy but since itā€™s been almost a month wanted to be sure to shareā€¦LOVE our new bed.

When you start waking up thinking damn getting older sucksā€¦itā€™s time for a new mattress. So much nicer to get a good nights sleep and not wake up with a sore back.

Fox delivered as scheduled, easy polite good to go! First couple nights sleep definite adjustment but for the better. Itā€™s great. No complaints only positives. You really can tell the difference in quality in the support, ticking, etc.

The only ā€˜negativeā€™ was I didnā€™t think it was that much thicker than our old set so itā€™s rather tall now. A good reminder to always measure. But since we are 6ā€™ and 6ā€™6" we actually like it! But for those not as tall it could be a challenge.

Hi Nikki,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback about your mattress and Fox Mattress ā€¦ I appreciate it.

Since itā€™s a month after your purchase you would be past the initial adjustment and break in period it would be reasonable to expect that you will be loving it for many years to come ā€¦ and thatā€™s also a ā€œgood thingā€ :slight_smile:

I think you did well.

Phoenix

Thanks for all of the information. Hopefully today I can find myself a quality mattress. Gonna check out Midwest Mattress in Des Moines.

Hi jmanbball,

Iā€™m glad you found us and welcome.

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your visit and just in case you havenā€™t seen it yet post #6 here includes the better options and possibilities Iā€™m aware of in the Des Moines area (including Midwest Mattress of course).

Phoenix

Thank you for the wealth of knowledgeā€¦My fiance and I had purchased a mattress from one of the nationwide chains a while back and something just didnā€™t feel right. So I turned to the web and found TMU and instantly decided we were canceling our order. Drove back to the store the following morning and canceled it. We have decided to go with Quality Sleep Shop in La Grange, IL (we live in downtown Chicago.) Time to do some more digging into the benefits and what to look for there.

Thank you again!

Marcus

Hi sepansk4,

Iā€™m glad you found us before it was ā€œtoo lateā€ :slight_smile:

You are certainly heading in a great direction with Quality Sleep Shop and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments after your visit.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the quality info Phoenix. Really helped me and my fiance avoid spending a bunch of money on a mattress that would have been a waste(both in time and money). I think we are going to go with Brooklyn Bedding and work with them on getting our mattress. If I run into any questions or problems, Iā€™ll for sure know where to turn! :slight_smile:

Hi esquared19,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any questions you may have along the way. As you know I think highly of Brooklyn Bedding and they make some great quality/value mattresses.

Phoenix

Phoenix, Iā€™ve been looking for this site for a very long time. I knew there had to be some resources on the internet to better understand the complexities of the mattress world, but I could never find anything reliable. Iā€™ve read through some of your posts, and they are extremely informative, well-written, and clear. Thank you so much for all of your contributions, and I look forward to learning more! And of course, purchasing my first mattress! :slight_smile:

Hi nullspace,

Welcome :slight_smile:

It will be interesting to see what you end up buying for your first mattress purchase and of course youā€™re always welcome to ask any questions you may have along the way.

Good luck!

Phoenix

Just stumbled upon this forumā€¦so much useful information! Thanks Phoenix!

Hi crunchylobster,

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you for your service. Iā€™m looking into the cozypure mattresses. Everything Iā€™ve found on your site has been helpful.

Hi mkyang0310,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad the site has been helpful :slight_smile:

As you probably know Cozy Pure is one of the members here and I think highly of the quality of their mattresses and the service and guidance they provide to their customers so I think you are certainly looking in a good direction.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Thanks for this wealth of information. Other user opinions are certainly making me feel more comfortable about purchasing a Tuft and Needle mattress sight unseen.

Hi btr,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad the forum could help you !

You are certainly considering one of the better quality/value options in your budget range and of course you also have the security of a good trial period and a great return policy if the tuft and needle mattress doesnā€™t work out as well as you hoped.

Assuming that you decide to pull the trigger ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Itā€™s that time. Tired of waking up to sore shoulders and so forth so itā€™s time to ditch the 11 year-old Simmons for a real bed. I like what Iā€™ve read about Fox Mattress and today we will make the 2 hour trek to the other coast for the Fox Mattress Experience :silly: The idea of bypassing the Sā€™s and going local greatly appeals to me.

Usually I research stuff to death when I buy appliances or a car. Reading all the great info on this sight I must say I am a bit overwhelmed. The one place we did check out was The Sleep Center in Ocala the other day. Was quite impressed by how instantly good it felt lying on a PLB bed. Latex might be in our future. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Thanks for this site, Phoenix!

Hi Madrigal,

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome to the forum :).

I think you are certainly looking in a good direction and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your visit.

Phoenix