Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Great siteā€¦really impressed with your patience responses to user queries.
Looking forward to reading up and making an informed purchasing decision.

Thanks for maintaining the site.

Hi zumwohhl,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well and that the site is helping you :).

Iā€™m also looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Iā€™ll be ordering a mattress from Spindle today (to take advantage of tax-free weekend here in MA) and want to thank you for the abundance of information, your posts and guides have certainly opened my wife and Iā€™s eyes! We were shopping around for a new mattress and probably never would have heard of Spindle or any of the other benefits to the smaller brands without this site.

Hi teknickal,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad the site could help you and as you know I think very highly of Neal and Spindle and you are certainly making a great choice.

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Whatā€™s this 2-sided Custom Deluxe (latex hybrid)? Did you have it in spring and latex? Do these two go well together?

Hi pickamattress,

While Iā€™m not Madrigal of course and hopefully they will see your post and reply to it but there is more information about the pros and cons of two sided mattresses in post #3 here.

As far as innerspring/latex hybrids they are certainly a preference for many people that could choose to sleep on any type of mattress they wished to but like any specific type of mattress there are hundreds of different versions and it would depend on whether a specific mattress was a good match for a specific person in terms of PPP. You will find some people that prefer an innerspring/latex hybrid over any other type of mattress and others who have different preferences completely. There is more about innerspring/late hybrids in post #13 here.

Phoenix

New to the site as well, found it linked both via a Reddit thread and a HackerNews thread while looking for comparisons between Tuft & Needle, DreamFoam, and Brentwood. One of my co-workers just recently ordered a DreamFoam mattress, and told me about both them and T&N, so trying to do a fair bit of research on what I want to go with myself. Glad thereā€™s this wealth of info available. :slight_smile:

Hi rswitzer,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding as well as any comments and questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

I was at Fox Last week and laid on just about everything in the store. Great Folks there. And yes, they do have a 2-sided latex over spring, which is a Flippable 2 sided inner spring mattress with Latex on both sides for the comfort layer (I do not recall the thickness of the Latex or if there were other materials in the comfort layer too). This was actually a very favorable feel over the other spring mattresses in the store (standard, plush and pillow types) because it had the conforming feel of Latex in the top, and the support and springy bounce of a spring for the core.

They also have a full Latex Mattress and I do not exactly recall the construction but I believe it was a comfort layer of Talalay over a thicker latex core (Dunlop or Talalay ??).

We were strongly considering Their Latex Hybrid Touch model in the Cal King. This was a 2" Talalay Latex Comfort top over a Poly Foam core. The salesman (John) Did not know the density of the foam core but he felt sure it was more than 2 lbs. We liked the feel of this mattress very much and I felt it was:
1.) a good indication we were thinking in the right direction looking at Latex for our next bed ā€¦ and
2.) this was a close construction type to the DreamFoam and Brooklyn Bedding online offerings that can only be purchased without a ā€œtest driveā€. But like those 2 online offerings, my concern was the Poly Foam Core. But at least by purchasing it from Fox we would be dealing with a local vendor and warranty.

We also looked at their higher end inner spring flippable 2 sided mattresses - and were really impressed with the ability to flip the mattress to extend its usable life, but we are coming off a 7 year experience with a single sided spring and just wanted to give Latex a try.

Sensing our leaning toward latex, but our also that we liked the 2-sided concept, The folks at Fox offered to custom make us a Cal King 2 sided Latex Hybrid based on their Latex Touch single sided model. This would be a 2" piece of Talalay latex on one side with a Poly foam core and a 2" piece of Talalay Latex on the other side so we could flip the custom made Latex Hybrid. This sounded appealing, but of course came with a $400 price increase (which is about the going rate for a 2 or 3" latex topper ā€¦ so the price was understandable). But I still was not comfortable with the foam core, especially since the salesman did not know exactly what the density was in the foam.

But I really enjoyed the shopping experience at Fox and talking with the well informed sales people there. So If you are interested in a decent bed and are in the Ormond Beach area (and they tell me they have delivered as far as Gainesville and Lakeland), I would say go to their show room and talk to them. Great folks there.

Phoenix,

So glad I found this site. Truly and impressive collection of information. I honestly donā€™t know how you have the time to reply to almost every post. Kudos.

Currently leaning toward a Tuff and Needle Ten, but given the wealth of information here Iā€™ll likely have to do a bit more research.

Rodd

Hi rbz (Rodd),

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome :slight_smile:

You are certainly looking in a good direction with Tuft & Needle if you like a relatively firm mattress.

There are also some other lower budget options that are listed in post #4 here as well that may be worth considering if you are looking to broaden your search and posts #3 and #4 here also have some of the lower budget latex options that Iā€™m aware of if you are open to a little higher budget range.

Phoenix

I appreciate all of the information on this site. It has already helped me become a much more informed shopper.

Hi FoamHome,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad the site could help you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Want to just say this site is fantastic and thanks to it I found out about a local(Texas Mattress Makers) Mattress maker/seller. Iā€™m planning to see about going down to the showroom sometime soon and trade up to some sort of memory foam(hopefully soon!). So from the bottom of my heart thank you for running this site and helping to inform consumers.

Hi Squigum,

Welcome :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your visit to Texas Mattress Makers.

Phoenix

I just wanted to say thanks to this site and Phoenix for all the great info. Itā€™s made me confident to buy from an online seller sight unseen, Iā€™ll be buying from one of the vendors on this site!

Hi stupidkid,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Also wanted to say thanks to this site and Phoenix for all the helpful information. It has greatly assisted me in a quest for a new mattress. Had I not found this forum, Iā€™d probably still be buying polyfoam toppers/mattresses. Its frustrating to see so many low quality polyfoam mattresses are sold out there by vendors who put a ā€œspinā€ on them to make customers think theyā€™re buying something great when theyā€™re really buying a piece of junk.

Its pathetic that consumers must overcome so much misinformation out there just to find a decent mattress.

Looking forward to providing feedback on the SleepEZ mattress which Iā€™m looking to purchase in the next week or so!

Matt

Hi MSkiles31,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

[quote]Its frustrating to see so many low quality polyfoam mattresses are sold out there by vendors who put a ā€œspinā€ on them to make customers think theyā€™re buying something great when theyā€™re really buying a piece of junk.

Its pathetic that consumers must overcome so much misinformation out there just to find a decent mattress.[/quote]

I couldnā€™t agree more!

I know you havenā€™t pulled the trigger yet but assuming you do ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :).

As you know I think you are making a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

We got a Tempurpedic about 7 years ago and have really liked it, but weā€™re ready to go from a double size to a queen so weā€™re back in the mattress market. Thanks to this site and forum Iā€™m convinced I can get the same or better quality at a much better value. Thanks much.