Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Also wanted to say thanks to this site and Phoenix for all the helpful information. It has greatly assisted me in a quest for a new mattress. Had I not found this forum, Iā€™d probably still be buying polyfoam toppers/mattresses. Its frustrating to see so many low quality polyfoam mattresses are sold out there by vendors who put a ā€œspinā€ on them to make customers think theyā€™re buying something great when theyā€™re really buying a piece of junk.

Its pathetic that consumers must overcome so much misinformation out there just to find a decent mattress.

Looking forward to providing feedback on the SleepEZ mattress which Iā€™m looking to purchase in the next week or so!

Matt

Hi MSkiles31,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

[quote]Its frustrating to see so many low quality polyfoam mattresses are sold out there by vendors who put a ā€œspinā€ on them to make customers think theyā€™re buying something great when theyā€™re really buying a piece of junk.

Its pathetic that consumers must overcome so much misinformation out there just to find a decent mattress.[/quote]

I couldnā€™t agree more!

I know you havenā€™t pulled the trigger yet but assuming you do ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :).

As you know I think you are making a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

We got a Tempurpedic about 7 years ago and have really liked it, but weā€™re ready to go from a double size to a queen so weā€™re back in the mattress market. Thanks to this site and forum Iā€™m convinced I can get the same or better quality at a much better value. Thanks much.

Hi pesayo,

Welcome :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Just wanted to ā€˜Thankā€™ just about everyone in this forum with their questions / answers and experiences. Just had recent rotator cuff surgery and know that my older interspring mattress will never be my ā€˜friendā€™ again. We had been looking to replace our older mattress in the past anyway and the recent surgery pretty much insures that it will take place in the near future. I do have to say that based on all the reading Iā€™ve been doing here while Iā€™ve been laid up has been enlightening to say the least. Iā€™m pretty sure that my next bed will be a Latex one from SleepEZ. Just havenā€™t made up my mind concerning the 10 or 13 inch. Not sure which is better for someone in my condition (any opinion for people with rotator cuff issues would be appreciated). I do have some time since I canā€™t use my arm yet to put anything together. Sadly I will have to miss their Labor Day sale which I thought was pretty decent but might be able to make it back up with a forum discount later. Thanks again for a Great Site, Iā€™ve learned a lot!!!

Hi Plafker,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

Which of their mattresses may be best for you would depend on several factors (your weight and sleeping positions for example) and can vary from person to person but when you canā€™t test a mattress in person then the most effective approach would be a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable online manufacturer or retailer who can help ā€œtalk you throughā€ which of their options would be the best possible choice (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). They will have more knowledge and experience with matching their mattresses to different types of people based on ā€œaveragesā€ than anyone else.

As you know I think highly of SleepEZ and you are certainly looking in a good direction.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the advice on here- the process of picking a mattress you canā€™t even sit on is pretty daunting, appreciate all the guidance! Leaning towards SleepEZ with the Labor Day special still on today (9/2/14).

Hi aspub,

Welcome to you as well ā€¦ and you are also looking in a great direction :slight_smile:

I certainly recognize that an online purchase can be seem to be daunting but the risk of an online purchase can be significantly reduced with a component mattress where you have the ability to either rearrange layers or exchange layers and with a good return policy as well.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Thanks for such a great resource - as someone who is new to mattress buying and recently relocated to the US, the site has been really useful in enlightening me. I very nearly purchased one of the s brands but came across the site just in timeā€¦

Hi lapalcostar,

Welcome :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad the site could help you and that you found us ā€œin timeā€.

Good luck in your search ā€¦ and of course you are always welcome to share your comments, feedback, and any questions you have along the way.

Phoenix

Thank you for this site and all the info. Iā€™m buying my second mattress ever, and I didnā€™t realize how complicated mattress buying is; itā€™s almost as complicated as buying a car. Iā€™ll post a review when I receive it. Thanks again.

Hi Yakko Warner,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We are just starting the search for a mattress to replace our 11 year old budget innerspring. I canā€™t wait. Your site has been tremendously helpful already, and Iā€™m sure we will have some questions for the forum after we go visit a few of our local dealers this weekend. Thanks!

Hi athena01,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well and that the site could help you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also looking forward to any questions or comments you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the great information! I am saving $65 on a Tuft and Needle mattress with this discount and a friend referral bonus.

Hi aventura,

Welcome ā€¦ Iā€™m glad you found us.

Just for the sake of clarity as well ā€¦ I donā€™t believe that you can combine a friendā€™s referral code with the MUG discount (see posts #52 and #55 here).

Phoenix

Some friends of mine recommended the Casper, and I was about to charge in and buy one. Then I started reading your site. I may still go with the Casper (100 days to try it out at home is a great incentive), but I now feel that if I do, itā€™s because it fits my (and my partnerā€™s) PPP, rather than just an enthusiastic recommendation. With membership, itā€™s nice to have a little bonus, and because of the extra 30 days with Tuft & Needle Iā€™m giving that one a second look. Thanks!

Thanks for offering such a useful resource! I was planning on just going with one of the well reviewed online sellers (such as Tufts and Needle), but after reading sleeplikethedead and this site am considering getting an all latex mattress from Brooklyn Bedding. I feel much more informed about the pros and cons of various mattress types and construction and what to look for in terms of quality for both sleep comfort and durability. Itā€™s a complex but very important choice!

Thank you to Phoenix and everyone else on this site for the great information. After way too much reading, I have determined to go with a cozypure Plus 10" with medium comfort layer. I told their customer support that I found the OMI (Organicpedic) Lago Nouveau most comfortable in my local brick and mortar store, and he walked me through my options to get a similar feel. Looking forward to trying it out.

That is awesome. Looking to purchase a new mattress after 9 years!