Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Phoenix,

Thanks for all of your help! We decided to go with the UD Eurotop instead of the Freedom. I agree with you that either mattress would be a great choice but in the end we thought that the Talalay latex would be best for us. I’ll post again after we’ve slept on it for a while.

Thanks again,
Filterflyguy

Great site! I am glad to have found it and have been busy reading all the posts. Thank you!

Hi filterflyguy,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Hi ikona,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

So glad I found this site!! Looking to buy the 1st real mattress for our 3 yr old. 3 yrs ago we spent a few thousand on what was supposed to be a great Serta memory foam mattress and we curse that decision every day as there are holes where our bodies lie that are far too deep and far too soft for comfort. When I think about the $$ wasted … grrrr.

Hi sws09,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us as well!

Unfortunately your experience is far too common in the industry … especially with major brands or with any mattress which uses lower quality materials in the upper layers of the mattress. I can certainly understand how frustrating it is.

Post #2 here includes links to many of the better forum posts and topics about mattresses and children that should be helpful :).

Phoenix

I didn’t know this ,that could get a discount and will be mindful of the contacts!Thank you for this post ,new here so trying to navigate.
happy New Year
appreciate this post
kayla

I’m having trouble figuring out how to get the discount via Tuft and Needle. Is there some trick I’m missing?

Hi DennisP,

You just need to let them know you are a member here either on a phone call or an email.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. Been reading a bunch of forum posts this week. Ive settled on a Tuft and Needle. The extended trial will definitely help!

Hi Galak,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it as well.

Phoenix

My wife and I are mattress shopping. It’s time to replace a big name mattress that has mainly been an expensive disappointment. We have decided to make a big change - going from a tall pile of pillow-top inner spring mattress on a box spring foundation to a much lower foam mattress on a platform bed.

Fortunately I found MU while doing research and really appreciate all of the information. We tried some mattresses at Ikea yesterday and though they felt good and I suspect I could be happy with a couple of their options, the store credit only return policy has me inclined to look elsewhere.

Right now we’re leaning towards Tuft and Needle. They seem to offer a pretty good balance of quality, price, and convenience (we live in a fairly rural part of Virginia so trying beds in person is tough - Ikea was a 3+ hour round trip). Neither of us have significant comfort issues that we know need to be addressed so I’m pretty confident the T&N will work nicely for us. If spending some time on the new bed reveals some major comfort problems I can return it and pursue a more customized option - but I very much hope that’s not necessary, I’m not trying to take advantage of T&N’s generous return policy.

I’ll be sure to at least briefly post my experience later.

-Andy

Hi awfranck,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

You are certainly considering a good quality/value choice and assuming that you decide to pull the trigger on the Tuft & Needle … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.\

Phoenix

Great site you have here Phoenix. Thank you for your due diligence on responding to people and being as objective as possible. MU has certainly been a super helpful resource for my SO and I in our first mattress hunt.

Hi themachine,

Welcome :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way that I can help with.

Phoenix

Hello all! Just found your site today and feeling lucky! Been feeling punch drunk from searching high and low for a mattress and swamped by all the BS that comes with it! Thanx for all your info here! Mike K. :slight_smile:

What a fantastic site you have here Phoenix. Glad I stumbled upon this place while researching for my daughter’s latex mattress. If only my brother knew of this site before purchasing his latex mattress… could have saved quite a bit. Thanks for this wealth of information!

Hi snikky1 and srri,

Welcome to both of you … and I’m looking forward to finding out what you each end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I am looking into buying a mattress from Spindle. Seems like a great price esp. with the discount and I am buying local! So happy to get away from the corporate chemical-infused companies without going broke.

We recently inherited an amazing antique bedroom set and, of course, we now need to purchase mattresses and foundations. The set, however, includes two twin-sized beds instead of the Queen that we’re used to. On top of that, we just moved from New York to Florida and the thought of trying out mattresses is more than we can handle at this time. After lurking on the MU site for a while (the information takes a while to explore), I believe that our best bet is a couple of KD Foundations and mattresses from Tuft and Needle. My concern is that, based on what I’ve read, that the mattresses (new design) might be quite firm. I’m a back/side sleeper (I can’t seem to keep track of where I start off and end), but my last (lesser quality memory foam) mattress remains somewhat hard and not particularly comfortable. Also, it doesn’t have a great deal of edge support and when sitting on the edge, I tend to slide off. Hopefully, the Tuft & Needle mattresses will work. I’m hoping that I won’t have to take T & N up on their generous return policy. Thank you for helping me to make a more informed choice based on value.