Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi Seascape,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own because it was outside the scope of the more general topic you posted in.

Iā€™m sorry to hear that your mattress isnā€™t working out as well as you hoped for.

You certainly made a great quality/value choice but if their firm option is too firm for you then their medium firmness may have been a better choice (a mattress that is in a medium firmness range would generally ā€œfitā€ a much larger percentage of people than either a firmer or softer option). In cases like this itā€™s generally best to discuss your options directly with Kiss Mattress but your options would really come down to either donating or returning it for a refund, exchanging it for a softer version of the same mattress, or adding a topper to provide any additional softness/pressure relief that you need.

Their refund policy that is outlined in their FAQ here (in the returns section) reads as follows ā€¦

Itā€™s not a requirement to find somewhere to donate your mattress to receive a refund but it would certainly be a preference since it would provide a mattress for someone that needs it and it would also reduce the shipping cost involved in returning the mattress.

If you decide on a refund then it may be worthwhile looking into womenā€™s or homeless shelters or other similar organizations who will often welcome a mattress that is in good and clean condition. Local churches may also be able to provide suggestions. They will also work with you to help you find a suitable organization that will take your mattress but if there is nothing available locally then they will arrange to have your mattress picked up and returned so that you can receive your refund.

They have a great refund policy that they will always honor and you certainly wouldnā€™t be ā€œstuckā€ with your mattress as long as you let them know that you wish to return/donate it within the trial period.

Phoenix

You are sharing great information with people, because your dealā€™s are great. I am also work for other person, but really these types dealā€™s very helpful for people and save their lots of money.

Phoenix, thank you so much for this informative site. I have read your tutorial and many posts and articles here. Regarding the 'Mattress Underground" forum member discount, should it be applicable when the member already has a mattress sale on their site?

Hi ChrisC,

Welcome to the site ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

The specifics of the discount are listed here. They normally canā€™t be ā€œstackedā€ with other promotions or sale prices that have a larger discount or with special promotional pricing on some mattresses.

Phoenix

Thanks for the discount and all the latex info. Head is spinning but your site is slowing it down.

Hi TIM DV,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and any comments or questions that you may also have along the way as well.

Phoenix

Iā€™m glad there is such an informative forum on mattresses. Iā€™ve learned a lot from being a member on various foruns from cars to cell phones and pets, but never knew there was one for mattresses. Being as we spend so much time on our beds it is great to have all this info available.

After years of sleeping on beds that didnā€™t meet my expectations after testing them in a mattress store, I think I need to invest more time researching rather than just laying on a bed for 30 seconds. Which is what brought me here. Our current mattress is causing aches and pains in the morning for my wife and I. We will definitely be purchasing a new mattress within a month at most.

Thanks for the info.

Hi jla82s13,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions that I or any of the more knowledgeable members of the forum can help with along the way.

Phoenix

After a recent issue with a severely pinched nerve, it was time for a new bed. I had no idea what I was getting into, but this site is an incredible wealth of information! It has taken me several days to absorb enough to make some intelligent decisions about my next purchase but wanted to say Thank You for putting this site together.

Hi spotopolis,

Thanks for the kind comments ā€¦ and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding along with any questions you may have along the way as well.

Phoenix

Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to all who contribute to and maintain this knowledge base. Itā€™s an indispensable resource to all the obsessive individuals like myself who lurk here.

Hi Njones0100,

I appreciate your kind comments as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi, Just wanted to leave a note saying THANK YOU for the wealth of down to earth information, far more valuable than reading 1000ā€™s of reviews from who knows who.

I started out convinced that a ā€œBob-O-Pedicā€ was the best for me and my wife. Then I started doing some research and quickly found Casper, Bed In a Box, and the myriads of others. As I discovered each new site I became convinced ā€œthis is the oneā€ā€¦ this lasted a while and I became overwhelmedā€¦ until I came here.

Finally you brought some rigor to my search. It seemed to me that I wanted to buy from a seller who agreed with the undergroundā€™s PPP perspective. So I searched for one that fit my needs.

Ultimately, Addable resonated with me the most. Their almost comically frank FAQ as well as the endorsement here of having solid materials pushed me over the edge. There were probably 5 other Underground places that I could have purchased from and been satisfied (Novos and Brooklyn were the next two in line) with, but Addable seemed to really buck the car salesman vibe Iā€™ve had from almost all mattress places I looked into. They seem like the carmax of the mattress world.

Carmax is fine with me, I donā€™t need a new Porsche,

So thanks again, Iā€™ll send everyone I know whoā€™s looking for a new mattress here first.

-Jim

Hi kingjamez,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

I switched your post into a new topic of its own with a more appropriate title so that it will be easier for others to find that are considering an Addable mattress as well.

Thanks also for sharing your comments and feedback and I completely agree with you that their transparency about all areas of their business is very refreshing.

Most importantly ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :).

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to any updates you have the chance to share once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

PS: I appreciate your kind comments as well!

Hi Phoenix,
Thanks! I will absolutely update on the process and my experiences after receiving it and after sleeping on it for a while. Iā€™ll be sure to include all sorts of subjective descriptions :wink:

For future reference of our experience: We bought the King Addable Mattess and will be putting it on top of a Zinus Sleep Master My Euro Wooden Slat Foundation
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M16A2JU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1456717055&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=zinus+myeuro&dpPl=1&dpID=41X8sMc1GVL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I chose that base because itā€™s supports are split into thrids instead of halves like most 2 twin style king box springs / bases are. In my mind doing it in thirds more uniformly supports the mattress and doesnā€™t have a ā€œhard spotā€ down the middle of the foam. I could be overthinking this, it wouldnā€™t be the first time.

The one immediate little downside is that Addable says itā€™ll take 10-14 BUSINESS days to arrive. Thatā€™s quite the difference from Bed In A Box which could deliver in 2 business days from roughly the same distance away.

Generally, Iā€™d bet that when one has decided they need a new mattress, they want it quickly. Iā€™m in a position not to care that much, but it could make a difference in deciding on a mattress in a crowded market. Addableā€™s prices are so low though, that fast shipping canā€™t possibly be built into the price so itā€™s a trade off I suppose.

-Jim

I want to echo the many compliments of the previous posters. This site has been super helpful in helping to narrow down the myriad of choices out there. Iā€™m down to my final two choices, so wish me luck!

Hi kingjamez,

Thanks for the additional update.

[quote]For future reference of our experience: We bought the King Addable Mattess and will be putting it on top of a Zinus Sleep Master My Euro Wooden Slat Foundation
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M16A2JU/ref=mp...ef=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I chose that base because itā€™s supports are split into thrids instead of halves like most 2 twin style king box springs / bases are. In my mind doing it in thirds more uniformly supports the mattress and doesnā€™t have a ā€œhard spotā€ down the middle of the foam. I could be overthinking this, it wouldnā€™t be the first time.[/quote]

While itā€™s certainly an attractive price ā€¦ I would be somewhat cautious with these frames because they arenā€™t particularly well built or strong and the legs can bend and the slats are quite thin and have some flex and can sometimes break relatively easily (see the one and two star reviews) so for some people they may not last very long. Hopefully it will work well for you and Iā€™ll be interested in your comments once you receive it as well.

Phoenix

Thanks for the words of warning. Iā€™ll watch out for those issues. I did read the poor reviews and am prepared to manufacture new wood slats if needed in my woodshop. If the metal joints arenā€™t good, I can Tig weld them stronger. If it is still awful, Iā€™ll send it back to Amazon and come here for a suggestion for replacement.

Realize that not everybody is willing to work on the base to make it better, they just buy expecting it to work. Thatā€™s valid, but I like to tinker and I may get the chance with the cheap frame :slight_smile:

-Jim

Hi oceanside,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Good Luck!

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have before you pull the trigger as well.

Phoenix

Just found this site and looking forward (kind of) to browsing around and being able to get decent opinions on mattressesā€¦getting a new apartment this week and have been looking around for advice to little success. Glad to see a good resource for reviews and discussion finally. My lack of mattress knowledge and preliminary searching have pushed me towards Tuft and Needle but I feel bad about paying $500 for a slab of foam, so hopefully I find something that makes sense to me.