Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

I think there may be an error on the list. Rocky Mountain Mattress is listed as both in Conover, NC, and also in Canada. Could it be confusion with Lake Mattress in Conover NC?

Hi wahooker,

Could you please provide a link to the particular list you are referencing?

Thanks!

Phoenix

Hi All,
Newbie here looking to replace my 12 year old sagging king, traditional coil extra firm. (Not so firm anymore!) I will post some questions but wanted to get the first post out of the way.
Thanks,
Dean

ANDā€¦Thanks to Mattress Underground as I purchased a Sleep on Latex King, firm, with an additional 3" soft topper and received my 5% discount and applied that to a high lift pillow!
Thanks for the reminder to ask as the discount was not on the forum anywhere.
Dean

Hi Heavy D,

Congratulations on your new mattress! :slight_smile: You certainly made a good quality/value choice. Sleep on Latex is a member here, which I think you know, which means I think highly of them.

If you look on the Forum Membership Page here (on the top menu bar of the page, all the way to the right), all of the members are listed with the discounts they offer. Iā€™m glad you found their 5% discount offer!

Iā€™ll be interested in learning about your mattress once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it a while.

Phoenix

Thank you for helping me to save money. I am planning to go for Sleep On Latex because of the pure latex material and relatively affordable price.:slight_smile:

Hi dennisloyc,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome. Please post back and let me know what you eventually purchased, and Iā€™ll be excited to get some feedback on your mattress after youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Barney Calhoun
Jan 17, 03:29 MST

Hello,
Can I get an ADDITIONAL 5% off from being referred by Mattress Underground?

Lilian Vivian (Brooklyn Bedding)
Jan 17, 07:31 MST

Hello,
Unfortunately you cannot combine promo codes, so if you use the 5% from mattress underground you wouldnā€™t be able to use the holiday one. which is a lot better because you will receive the 5% off 2 free pillow and a set of sheets.

Thank you

Lilian
Brooklyn Bedding

Hi barneycalhoun.

Yes, what Lilian at Brooklyn Bedding mentioned would be correct. As noted on the top of the page for The Mattress Underground Membership:

NOTE: All discounts and bonuses are on regular ā€œmattress onlyā€ purchases and in most cases canā€™t be ā€œstackedā€ with other promotions or sale prices that already have a larger discount or with special promotional pricing on some mattresses.

In such instances you would figure out which promotion provided you the benefit that you preferred and make that selection.

Phoenix

The Power of the Internetā€¦

I emailed Vivian back and let BB know i posted their response.
Maybe they will change their mind.

See, these discounts are OFTEN FAKE DISCOUNTS. The Company gets good PR, but rarely actually gives the discount because they always have sale. Fake news. Fake deals.

Hi barneycalhoun,

Iā€™ve deleted both of your posts, but left my reply, as this forum isnā€™t ā€œyour playgroundā€ where you can post inaccurate opinions about a company or its practices and then attempt to coerce them into doing something that is not part of their normal policy because you incorrectly perceive it to be ā€œfakeā€. You would of course have no actual knowledge of the percentage of sales where their discount was honored versus their promotions.

This is the second time Iā€™ve had to edit/delete posts of yours, so I would caution you to abide by the rules of the forum or youā€™ll leave me no choice but to use the rare option of revoking your posting privileges.

Phoenix

Iā€™m just dropping a quick message to say thanks for this forum. Iā€™ve been lurking for a couple years (yes, Iā€™ve needed a new bed that long), and for some reason have yet to pull the trigger. Iā€™m getting close and decided to register (again? I thought I registered before but I canā€™t find anything in my collection of email accounts) and say thank you. Cheers!

Hi hereusethis,

Well, welcome to the forum again!:lol:

Phoenix

Hi thanks for this site! I made a new post about which latex mattress to choose, SleepEZ or Pure Talalay Bliss, and would appreciate any advice. The 5% at SleepEZ would be less than their current sale, but their sale seems to be ongoing but I guess it still counts.
Thanks,
Sharon

Hey, I just wanted to post and thank you for the wonderful resource! Iā€™ve been reading articles like crazy and following different topics. After researching for the past several months Iā€™ve got the money together to finally pull the trigger on a mattress. Iā€™m going with the Arizona premium mattress ultimate hybrid. Seems like the right balance of price and quality for a heftier couple who have no problem sleeping on a 12 year old innerspring mattress. Hopefully we can get a good 12 years out of this one.

Hi dohminator,

Congratulations on your new mattress! As you know, Arizona Premium Mattress is a member here and I think highly of them. You certainly made a good quality/value choice. Which firmness did you choose?

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback on your new mattress once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while. Iā€™m glad this site was able to assist you in your decision.

Phoenix

I called today and placed the order. I actually got to talk to Ken, which is pretty cool. I knew that we would need different firmness options as my wife is primarily a side sleeper and Iā€™m primarily a back sleeper. We are both hefty but I also weigh more than my wife by a not insignificant margin. The confirmation email he sent indicated that heā€™s giving us 36 ild and 32 ild talalay toppers.

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™m a little worried that it might end up too firm as Iā€™m not familiar with the feel of 36 ild. (the one place we were able to visit that actually had latex over coils used, if I remember correctly, 24 ild) At the same time I trust that he knows what this will feel like for us and what we need for support and longevity.

Hi dohminator,

Thank you for the update. A detailed phone call with a knowledgeable manufacturer or retailer before making any final purchase decision is always advisable, and Iā€™m glad you were able to speak with Ken and use his expertise in making a selection.

Trying latex upon springs is of course a totally different ā€œfeelā€ from an all-latex product, so be sure to give the product a chance and see what you think. You do have a 60 day layer exchange option (you pay for shipping) if you end up needing to do so.

I hope you enjoy your new mattress.

Phoenix

Hello to All:

Wow what a wealth of information!!! If I could only remember it for more than 5 minutes it would really be great!! Information overload.
I do so appreciate this site and Phoenix for starting and maintaining it. I was previously looking at ā€œthe old bed guyā€ site and thought I was getting unbiased info. Not so sure of that now. No Ill will, I wish him the best. But I do feel this to be the best mattress information site.
After many hours here Iā€™m thinking I will go with Spindle as I think they are a good company who treat their customers fairly and with respect. Havenā€™t talked with them as yet, just what Iā€™ve gathered from reviews and posts here.
For me this is a significant investment but now I feel it to be money well spent. Iā€™m not locked in/committed to Spindle, they are not the cheapest nor do they have the best return/exchange policy. But their prices seem to be in line with most and fair. I am however pretty firm on an all latex mattress. Just from info gathered here as Iā€™ve been unable to find a store, in southeast TN that stocks any to do a fair comparison.

Thanks Again, Steve

Hi steeve,

Thatā€™s the great thing about having the site is you can always refer back to it. I suggest reading through things as you would a good book and not trying to memorize things.

As I think you are aware, Spindle is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. I would definitely spend some time with them on the phone before making any final decisions should you wish to purchase from them.

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around Chattanooga area in post #2 here and some of them at last check did offer latex.

Please let me know if you have any questions should you visit any of your local retailers.

Phoenix