Don't like Latex ...What to try next? Reputable Hybrid?

Hello Elisam,

Unfortunately, I’m unable to provide a mattress recommendation at the moment as I’m away from home and can’t conduct the necessary research. However, FloBed mattresses typically offer the option to customize the comfort layer based on the mattress size. You can refer to the mattress layers diagram on FloBed’s website here.

If your husband is content with his side of the bed system, you might only need to adjust the comfort layer on your side rather than replacing the entire system, which could be premature. I suggest reaching out to @FloBeds to inquire about ordering a duplicate comfort layer, split (one side for your husband) and explore options for a non-latex comfort layer for your side, unless FloBeds can simply split the current comfort layer. Since the mattress is six years old, I would recommend just replacing your husbands side with the same comfort level that he has been satisfied thus far. Alternatively, you can consult with other Trusted Members here for recommendations on different comfort layer options for your side of the mattress.

I’m uncertain how the zoning effect on your side of the mattress contributes to the problems you’re experiencing. However, the team at DLX, known for their use of polyurethane HD foams in various mattress options, could provide insight into the effectiveness when used over the current latex support layer.

One crucial factor to consider might be the overall condition of the entire mattress system and how each layer is currently holding up.

As long as the heights are symmetrical, you should be able to find your comfort zone without issue.

Another aspect to consider is reassessing your pillows. Without meaning to trivialize, it’s possible that while you may have a variety of pillows, they might not be the right fit for you. Personally, it took me some time to curate my pillow collection Maverick Pillow Collection, and even then, I continue to seek improvement, even after creating my own.

You have more options than you might realize, and perhaps taking a step back to consider alternatives could offer a solution to this dilemma.

Best regards, Maverick