don't want to feel other person move

There are so many options, can anyone help me decide? My partner and I can sleep on anything. My criteria:
I do not want to feel him move!
King size
Under 2000 CAD
Ships to Canada (Vancouver)

Thanks!

Hi okgirl79,

I noticed that you registered with your email as your username which means that automated spambots will be able to harvest your email and add you to their spam lists. If you’d like I can remove the @ and the domain after it and change your username to just okgirl79 (or any username you wish).

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose … I don’t make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Hopefully you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial (which is the best place to start your research) but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Memory foam is the best at motion isolation but latex and pocket coils are good for this as well (see post #18 here). Having said that … all the layers and components in a mattress will have some effect on the feel and performance of all the other layers and the mattress “as a whole” so the best way to test for motion isolation is your own careful testing on a mattress using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post (with both of you on the mattress) because a mattress that may be “motion isolating enough” for one couple may not be as suitable for another couple that is more sensitive.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Vancouver, BC area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your specific criteria and the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply) are listed in post #2 here.

If you are also open to an online purchase that you can’t test in person before a purchase then some of the better online options I’m aware of that ship across Canada are listed in post #21 here.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Because your own personal experience is the only way to know for certain whether any mattress will be a good “match” for you in terms of your specific criteria and PPP … the exchange/return policy (and any costs involved) can also be a more important part of the “value” of an online purchase just in case (and in spite of the “best judgement” of everyone involved) the choice you make doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

Phoenix

ADDED: I’ve changed your username to just okgirl79 so you can log in with your new username now.

oh yah, can you remove that email? thanks!

and now i’ll read the post…

and you can delete this post if you want.

Thanks!!

I ended up choosing a memory foam matress from Memory Foam Canada and it is wonderful. The company was helpful. It shipped in a box which the lady at the shipping company said was good because she has seen so many mattresses mishandled.

I did try to remove the cover to clean it and the zip broke instantly. The company is fixing it. We shipped it to them for $10 but now they want me to pay a $25 shipping fee back. I feel a little like I am being nickle and dimed to pay for the repair. What do you think?

Hi okgirl79,

Congratulations on your new mattress! As you’re aware, Memory Foam Comfort is a member of the site, and you certainly made a good quality/value choice.

I’m sorry that your zipper broke on your covering. The limited warranty on your product actually doesn’t cover the covering, but I’m glad to see that Memory Foam Comfort is taking care of this for you. Transportation costs to and from a customer is standard boilerplate for almost all mattress warranties, and is listed in your warranty as well.

I personally don’t feel that you are being “nickeled and dimed” for this repair, as it is not a part of your mattress that is covered under warranty, and it’s nice that they are offering to repair this for you. Of course, you can always give them a phone call to express your concerns and see if they are willing to help you any more than they already are – it certainly couldn’t hurt. For $25, it sounds like they are just covering the cost of a new zipper and not the labor to reinstall the zipper.

Phoenix

Hi Okgirl79,

I did receive your email about how the zipper broke when you tried to remove the mattress cover in order to wash it. It’s important to note that mattress covers are not meant to be removed, or washed, as they will shrink and most likely will no longer fit over the memory foam mattress, just like you would not remove the cover of a coil spring mattress. We suggest you buy a mattress protector that is designed to be easily removed for cleaning.

This being said I did agree to repair your cover for free, as long as you covered the shipping cost as per our limited warranty details. We received your cover last week, and repaired it free of charge, and it was shipped back to you by courrier that charged us 25$ for the service, you should receive next week. I requested that you cover the return shipping cost, but you never replied to my phone messages.

Needless to say that I was surprised to find this thread on the MU. I am happy to cover the return shipping cost, and thank you for buying your mattress from MFC Memory Foam Comfort.

All the Best!

Mario

Hi Mario, my post was mostly glowing for MFC, I simply wanted a second opinion about the shipping, which I got, and it was helpful to know that the cover was not covered by warrantee. Therefore I am happy to pay the cost of return shipping. I’m sorry this question turned into an issue, it was not meant to be. Again, we love our mattress from MFC and the service we have received, and are happy the cover is being repaired.

Hi okgirk79,

I’m happy to learn MFC is shipping your repaired cover back next week!

To be fair to MFC, your comment in your original post doesn’t “exactly” come across as a simple question about shipping, as with the “nickeled and dimed” comment it presents a negative connotation that perhaps you’re being taken advantage of unfairly. I’m not saying that you meant your comment to be taken like that (I have no reason to believe you did), but I would expect any retailer seeing a note like this to respond at the very least to clarify the situation for anyone coming across this post in the future. I don’t believe anyone looks at your query as an “issue”, and it’s good to know that your new cover is on the way! :cheer:

And in case you need to look at getting a new mattress protector, here is some information about them in post #89 here and also in a post here.

Phoenix

Hi Okgirl79,

It’s ok, I’m happy to offer you the free shipping, and thank you for taking the time to review our mattress on this forum,

All the Best!

Mario~

Hi MFC Memory Foam Comfort,

Thank you for taking the time to comment here and reply to okgirl79.

Phoenix