Dormeo vs Tempurpedic

Hello,

I have been reading around here for weeks and have finally signed up to ask some questions.
After making the link between our tired mattress and my sleeplessness and back pain, I started shopping and reading and learning.

I am not quite ready for an online mattress purchase but can be convinced to go that route.

My finalists are:

Dormeo 6500
Tempurpedic Cloud Prima
Novosbed Aria

I like the cost ans specs of the Novosbed Aria but I really would prefer to try before I buy.
I like the fact that Tempurpedic has a full solution (Mattress, Cover, Slim base) which eliminates questions on warranty issues.
I like the technology in the Dormeo but I am hesitant given that they have not been around for too long and their warranty terms sound quite subjective.

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

Ricky

Hi Hamadyr,

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purhcase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

You can see my comments about the Dormeo Octaspring mattresses in post #2 here and the posts it links to. A forum search on Dormeo or on Octaspring (you can just click the links) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well. With the recent change in the thickness of the top layer of 3 lb memory foam there would be no significant weak links in the mattress but I would make some careful value comparisons because they are certainly in a higher budget range than many other memory foam mattresses that use similar quality materials and I would make sure that you can justify the higher cost relative to other memory foam mattresses based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

The Tempurpedic Prima uses good quality materials (see post #2 here) but they are also in a much higher budget range than many other memory foam mattresses that also use similar quality materials and are in lower budget ranges. There are also a few comments about it here and here. As you can see in the guidelines here … I would generally avoid Tempurpedic completely unless again there was a very compelling reason that for you they are your “best value” choice compared to the many other memory foam mattresses that use similar quality materials and are in lower budget ranges.

The tutorial post includes this link to a list of some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of and it includes Novosbed. They also have a very good return policy so there is little risk in using your own sleeping experience to decide whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP instead of testing mattresses in a store. There are also no weak links in this mattress. The only “down side” to their return policy is that they don’t allow returns for 60 days after you receive it so that the mattress has a chance to break in and your body has a chance to adjust to a new sleeping surface (see post #3 here) so while there would be no cost involved … if the mattress isn’t a good match for you then you would need to wait for 60 days before returning it. The Aria is also an approximation of the Cloud Supreme which is a different mattress from the Cloud Prima so I would make sure you have tested the Cloud Supreme to get a better sense of how this mattress will feel and perform for you.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area and some of the other memory foam options in the online memory foam list may be well worth considering as well.

Phoenix

We are in the Montreal, Quebec area.

Hi Hamadyr,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Montreal area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #276 here. You have many factory direct manufacturers and some good options available to you in the area.

Phoenix