DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams EuroTop Mattress

I found this helpful forum a few days ago, after DH and I decided it was time to convert from a queen-sized bed to a king-sized. In general, We’ve been sleeping on pillowtop mattresses since converting from a soft-side waterbed about 20 years ago (I was SO glad to see it go). My husband has been requesting a softer mattress; I’ve been relatively happy with medium support, but do like to “sink in” to the top layer. We are both predominantly side sleepers, but for cosmetic reasons, I’ve been trying to sleep on my back more. We both sleep a bit hot, so neither of us had interest in memory foam. We looked at a sleep number bed a few years ago, and liked the individual sleeper settings (but not much else).

I fondly remember a mattress I slept on years ago at The Peabody Hotel in Memphis - my Google search on that led me to this forum, and introduced me to considering latex bedding. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to test any of the TMU vendor mattresses before purchasing - but we did find a place near our vacation home in Virginia that makes latex foam mattresses so that we could feel the difference between latex foam and memory foam.

I saw the DreamFoam mattresses on Amazon, and considered buying there, but decided to go with the EuroTop mattress (not available on Amazon), since we weren’t able to test first… The DreamFoam website was running a 10% discount with free shipping, and I was still able to use my TMU promotion to get a pillow. After comparing this price with other king-sized mattresses, I feel this was a very economical choice, indeed!

Looking forward to our spacious new bed - I will let you know details of our configuration and satisfaction once we’ve got everything set up. But now I need to head out to find a suitable base and linens! :slight_smile:

Hi Keep Peace,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you decided to purchase and for sharing your comments and feedback as well … I appreciate it.

You certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

The Dreamfoam Eurotop is available on Amazon (see here) but the price is higher without the 10% discount (which only applies to purchases from the Dreamfoam site) and the return policy is better on the Dreamfoam site as well.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Ordering my Cal King Dream foam now!! looking forward to a good nights.

Hi GladesGhost,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it as well.

Phoenix

I’m also going to be getting this mattress! My friend and I did a lot of research on it, and it he already got his! I’m ordering mine today. He got a comfort level 5/10 which I tried, but it was too soft for me so I 'll be getting 7/10.

I personally found this to be the most comfortable one I’ve tried ever https://boulder.urbanmattress.com/ , so I’m hoping by getting a 7-8/10 firmness I can get a similar feel.

Hi CheesusCrust,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to any feedback you have the chance to share once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Our new DreamFoam EuroTop Mattress arrived yesterday afternoon. I thought I’d take this opportunity to update TMU on our selection, as well as first impressions.

After placing our order, we worked with Chuck to customize our king-sized mattress. I definitely don’t like a “hard” mattress, but I do like a good amount of support, with some cushiony feeling feel on top. On a firmness level of 1-10 (10 is softest), I went with a 6 on my side. My husband prefers to sink into a mattress, and felt that our former queen-sized mattress was too firm (A Simmons Beautyrest, which I found quite comfortable). So we ordered an 8 on his side. The bed shipped FedEx Ground from Arizona to Tennessee - it arrived 10 days after we finalized our order with Chuck.

While we waited, I took care of other bed necessities. I got a nice bed frame at a good price from Overstock (took some assembly, but I’m very happy with it), and picked up a foam-worthy box springs for $299 from a local furniture retailer. Sheets, mattress cover and pillows came from Tuesday Morning. Coverlet and shams I ordered from Wayfair.

The mattress arrived in a box that was about 18" x 18" x 48", weighing in at a little over 100 lbs. I knew it would be rolled up and compressed, but there were several tense moments as we were starting to unroll it - I was afraid that we’d been sent the wrong size mattress. There was nothing king sized about the mattress! But once we started removing the plastic bag, it took less than 2 minutes for the mattress to begin to take on the dimensions we expected. (Really fun to watch, by the way.) The instructions said to give the mattress 24-48 hours to reach full dimension, but we slept on the mattress after about 6 hours of expansion time.

Oh. My. Goodness! Both of us were VERY comfortable for our first night on the new mattress. There is a definite difference between my side and his - predictably, he thinks my side is “hard” - I find his side spongy. I had read that there may be a slight chemical smell for the first few days, but I have a very keen sense of smell, and only caught the slightest whiff of something as I climbed into bed last night…(And that could very well have been from some of the new bedding, which I did not wash before using.)

It’s great that we ordered a king-sized bed, because we have plenty of room so that we don’t need to sleep near the edges of the bed - which do feel odd, because there isn’t the customary amount of support there; I would fear falling out of bed if I didn’t have so much space.

So there you have it - our first impressions! I will try to remember to update this once we have several months on the mattress.

Hi Keep Peace,

Thanks for taking the time to share your initial impressions … I appreciate it :).

It certainly sounds like you made the right firmness choices for each of you.

Phoenix

Hello all, I’ve been using TMU for great information, however, this is my first post on the site. I see there are quite a few ordering the DreamFoam EuroTop. My wife and I stopped by their showroom today and tested out quite a few different mattresses. We have decided that we are going to make our order tonight. We will be going with a Queen EuroTop with a level 6.

We were curious to see the difference between the Latex (basic mattress) and the EuroTop. I thought the only differences would be the ability to exchange the latex layer on the EuroTop and a little more base foam on the bottom. I didn’t think this would affect the feel too much. When going from the Latex to the EuroTop, I felt quite a difference. I felt that the Latex had a very solid feel to it, with little to no bounce/spring, almost as if it were a very dense mattress. The EuroTop had a little more inviting springy/soft feel to it. My wife didn’t seem to feel the difference that I felt. I am 6’ and 220 lbs vs her 5’7" 120, so my extra weight may have played a larger role.

Thank you to the site and participants in helping save us the thousands we were about to spend at the big box stores. Whew!

Hi SunnySideUp,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and experiences … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great choice and I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

We just ordered a Queen-sized Eurotop #6 as well! We already own a Cal-King BME and Chuck from Dreamfoam just told us that #6 in the Eurotop firmness scale is quite similar to BME-Medium. We opted for the Eurotop instead of another BME just in case we want to swap to a different firmness in the top layer.

A few days after it arrives I will post impressions and differences in feel of the Eurotop Versus BME.

Hi Lower_Back_Pain,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out how you like it and how it compares to your BME once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

After extensive research on the internet, including here on TMU, I decided to purchase a latex foam mattress, as opposed to a memory foam one. I was torn between the love bed, Brooklyn Bedding’s best mattress ever, and Dreamfoam’s ultimate latex mattress. Brooklyn Bedding and Dreamfoam are sister companies that both use talalay latex +/- dunlop latex, while love bed only uses dunlop latex. I’don’t know whether there is a difference firsthand, but from what I’ve read online, talalay latex is a little softer and more consistent, while dunlop is firmer. All of the mattresses have great reviews online, I ended up ordering Dreamfoam’s ultimate latex eurotop mattress instead of the Brooklyn Bedding one since Dreamfoam allows for customization of the comfort layer of latex. Chuck advised me to get #5 since it was closest to our plush firm spring mattress that we had been happy with. Will post again after I receive the mattress.

Hi LCFbed,

Both Dunlop and Talalay come in a wide range of firmness levels so the relative firmness between them would depend on the specific firmness of the layers you are comparing. Either one can be softer or firmer than the other. While the softest Talalay tends to be softer than the softest Dunlop … some of the continuous pour dunlop can be as soft as the softest Talalay. The choice between them is really a preference choice more than anything else and while your own personal experience is the most reliable way to know which type or blend of latex you tend to prefer … there is more about how Dunlop and Talalay compare in more general terms in post #7 here.

You certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it as well.

Phoenix

After looking at the BB BME online, the DreamFoam memory foam mattresses and some others (Christeli, Brentwood, etc.) and reading about different mattresses on MU, I decided to order the DreamFoam EuroTop in softness 7. I am very happy and slept through the first night with no pain/no weird pains upon waking. This is after years on individually wrapped coils or traditional coil mattresses with a memory foam topper. I wasn’t sure which softness to order, but I tried the Tempur beds in stores and liked their “cloud” line (luxe or elite). I’m not sure the DF EuroTop in 7 conforms to my lower back quite as well, but I like the feel of the mattress itself better, and it is soft enough. If it helps anyone else, the weight total for my partner and I and our dog is just under 500 lbs and we are all sleeping well. The order process through DreamFoam with Chuck was very smooth also, and the bed was delivered as promised and expanded to its full height almost immediately.

Hi mattressconfusion,

Thanks for sharing an update with your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that your choice turned out well for you.

Phoenix

We’ve had our mattress for about 9 months, so I thought I’d report back to let folks know that we’re still quite happy with our decision. Our mattress has held up well and remains very comfortable. I initially was concerned that we were developing an unsightly “ridge” between my husband’s (softer) side and mine, but this hasn’t progressed much, and is not noticeable once the bed is made.

As part of the promotion for mentioning The Mattress Underground, we received a free king-sized shredded latex foam pillow. It was so overstuffed and lofty that I figured I could open it up and make it into two pillows. If you are tempted to do this, I urge you to reconsider - and if you are determined to go ahead, take the project outside. I made a big mess and ended up with two very wimpy king-sized pillows.

Hi Keep Peace,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update with your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that you are sleeping well on your mattress.

There have been some other members that have tried this with some good success in at least one case I remember but as you mentioned latex can be very “sticky” and messy and at the very least I would use some plastic on the floor if you do it indoors.

Phoenix

I ordered a dreamfoam ultimate dreams eurotop king mattress last year. The mattress is a great value, and overall we’re happy with it. My only issue with it is that after the mattress fully expanded, it was a couple of inches shorter than the standard measurement of a king-sized mattress. The customer service was very good and responsive; we were offered the choice between exchanging or receiving a partial refund.

Hi Pasadenahome,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback about your Dreamfoam Eurotop mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality value choice and it’s great to see that the firmness level you chose worked out well for you.

While it’s unusual that a compressed mattress doesn’t return to its correct dimensions and is out of spec … it’s also good to see that they were able to look after you and that you were happy with how they resolved the issue as well.

Phoenix