Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams MF 13"

x

Hi Tracibility,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you don’t like the feel of your new Dreamfoam mattress. The good news is that you had the foresight to purchase something that has a good 90-night trial period and you’re able to return it for a refund. Having a good return policy is an important part of anyone’s personal value equation when shopping online, just in case your purchase doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped it would.

The Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Mattress is indeed a memory foam product, containing 3" of 4 lb soft gel memory foam over 2" of 5 lb memory foam over an 8" 1.8 lb polyfoam core - all good quality materials. Your statement about what you “suspect” is incorrect. While you may be personally disappointed in the feel of the product, this is of course your own subjective personal feeling and in no way justifies a comment of being “swindled”, unless you had ordered a certain product and were delivered a different model, in which case that would be a “mistake” and not a “swindling” (but this is not what you are asserting). While I certainly don’t mind you posting on the forum, it would also be helpful if you could post more accurate and “educational” information that has some facts behind it rather than the type of “broad brush” opinions that are rarely if ever accurate, factual, or helpful. Again, you have the option of returning the product and moving on and continuing on with your mattress search, which in this case appears to be your best course of action.

If you truly did your due diligence and learned about foams and mattress construction (as outlined in our mattress shopping tutorial), one of the first things you would have learned is that every layer of a mattress has an effect upon overall comfort, and you can’t predict the feel of something you order online by what you try in-store, unless you are trying the exact same product. There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting materials) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” so unless you are able to find another mattress that uses exactly the same type of materials, components, cover and quilting, layer thicknesses, layer firmnesses, and overall design (which would be fairly unlikely) then there really isn’t a reliable way to match one mattress to another one in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) based on the specifications of the mattresses (even assuming that you can find out all the specifications you would need for both mattresses you are comparing in the first place).

Your veiled comments about Dreamfoam not being a reputable company, couched in the framework of desiring to “gather information” of others to support your agenda of a practice of which there is no proof of existing, are not factual and are misleading.

Both Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding have a very strong history in the industry and there are tens of thousands of people that have purchased and are happy with their purchase (not to mention the other companies and people they have mentored over many years). I think you would be hard pressed to find a company that has more integrity or that has developed the type of reputation they have over the years. Whether or not a manufacturer or a retailer is a member of this site had no bearing upon my commentary, pro or con, which would be upheld with even a cursory glance through the past threads on this site.

Unfortunately, the internet if full of consumers that take advantage of the opportunity that anonymity gives them to make unreasonable comments or accusations (explicit or implicit) about businesses, and they downplay the meaning or effect of their words, and somehow feel that it’s OK to say anything that their emotional state seems to justify. Some people tend to be more responsible for the choices that they make, but unfortunately there are others who don’t deal well with disappointment and are more focused on assigning blame or demonizing the people that they are “blaming” and much less focused on actually solving any issues they may have.

Todays online environment is weighted so heavily (and somewhat unfairly) towards negative consumer comments and feedback that even a single “negative” online comment can have a disproportionate effect on the sales or reputation of a small business (whether it was deserved or not) and can negatively affect years of hard work and effort towards building a good reputation. It can also have a disproportionate effect on other people’s buying choices and can tend to predispose others towards having a more negative perception or opinion of a business based primarily on hearsay before they have even talked with them themselves, and they may unknowingly take your (incorrect) “supposition” to heart not realizing that it is just an opinion that applies to only one person.

I’m happy to keep your comments here because the type of comments you have made are far too common on the internet IMO, and keeping them here, along with my response, allows people to read them and recognize them for what they are, and come to their own conclusion as to the validity of your points. My goal is to help educate and to broaden the context of the discussions here, and when members make unreasonable accusations that attack the character of other people or the businesses they run without justification rather than describing the issues they are having and working towards their resolution, I feel the need to point that out, so again I’m happy to keep your post here. However, I caution you that if you continue to make unsubstantiated claims, you will be in violation of the forum rules and those future posts will be edited or deleted.

Phoenix

I feel your pain Trace. I ordered a King mattress pad, from an eBay vendor, for $645 that was 4 inches too wide & 2 inches too long. Now it will cost me $200 to ship it back. The lesson learned was that anything can happen, even with an apparently perfect seller. Personally, for heavy/large items, free return shipping is a #1 priority for me.

As for BB, here’s my take since I bought 2 King toppers from them.:

1. BB has a 30 day free return policy at their mattresstopper.com site.
  2. Their latex was very clean, accurately measured, well cut, and accurate as far ILD promise.
    The average test of the 19 was 20 ILD. The average ILD test of the 28 was 28.2.
  3. The Topper came with a bamboo zipper cover.
  4. The only negative was that both toppers were glued Twin XL.
  5. Price was highly competitive.

The glued pieces are fine with me since I would like to split arrange my mattress. The glue can separate fairly easy. If the glued twin XL thing bothers you, maybe ask BB for a single piece. A separate manufacturers tag disclosed a 100% Talalay pad, but I expected a blend.

Overall, I can’t complain about BB’s topper division. Infact, I just ordered a pair of King 36 toppers to replace the ebay return.

I’ll post some pictures later. Anyway I hope things work out better for you.

Hi barneycalhoun,

I’m sorry your topper turned out to be larger than advertised online. I replied to your other question in a separate thread about cutting it. I see that the label listed the dimensions corrected as 76" x 80", but unfortunately what was shipped was larger than this. Many fabricators will order their cores slightly larger so that they may fabricate the sizes exactly in their facility, but this shouldn’t be the case if your product was advertised as a true Eastern King.

And your advice about checking into the return/exchange policies of any retailer/manufacturer (and I’ll add online or brick and mortar) should be a very important part of anyone’s personal value equation.

Thanks for your feedback on your topper purchases. While you can get king toppers in Dunlop in one piece, in Talalay there will be a seam, as there are not king cores currently being poured in Talalay.

Did you perhaps mean the tag said 100% Natural Talalay? If the tag said 100% Talalay, it could represent blended or natural.

Thanks again for your update. I hope your new toppers turn out better for you.:slight_smile:

Phoenix