Dunlop Latex Mattresses in Oklahoma

Hello.

My wife turned me on to your site. We have been researching mattresses for some time now and your site has provided so much useful information. We have went the typical route of looking at latex, then back to innerspring, then to a hybrid latex and now back to all latex. I’m just not going to buy a bed that has any polyurethane foam in it of any kind.

We have visited Oklahoma Mattress Company and looked at their Talalay latex offerings. I asked them if their Talalay was 100% natural or a blend and the person I was dealing with couldn’t tell me. I’ve done a fair bit of research now and I think I am leaning towards a 100% all natural Dunlop latex mattress.

Do you know of any places of business that sell Dunlop latex in Oklahoma?

Thanks!

UPDATE
I think I might just go with a Spindle Mattress. Great reviews and seems to be an honest company.

Hi AmericanAlpha,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :).

I’m not sure why you are avoiding polyfoam completely but there are certainly many latex mattresses that don’t contain any polyfoam in their design.

They would probably be able to find out for you if they didn’t know themselves but it would probably be safe to assume that it’s blended Talalay which is 30% natural and 70% synthetic. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

100% natural Dunlop is certainly a great quality and very durable material but the choice between different types and blends of latex is more of a budget choice rather than a “better/worse” choice because any type or blend of latex is a very durable material relative to other types of foam. There is more about some of the general differences between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here but the best way to know which type of latex you tend to prefer will be based on your own testing and/or your own personal experience.

Subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas are listed in post #2 here.

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses or their specs that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor or have available online (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers that are on the local lists is always a good idea before you decide on which retailers or manufacturers you wish to deal with anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the materials in their mattresses, and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in that are also in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in considering or visiting based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

Off the top of my head I do know that Denver Matttress sells some 100% natural Dunlop latex mattresses (that are certified organic) but I don’t know which if any of the others do as well.

Phoenix