Dunlop vs Talalay

I’ve used your tools and I want to thank you for all the information. Wonderful is all I can say.
Now I’ve decided to go with The Natural Latex company . My only issue is that they offer only Dunlop in soft, med and firm. Because I’m a senior and have many physical health issues I’m looking for a soft mattress . Is there a difference between these two in softness and is it a dramatic difference. I’m tired of returning mattress or hunting down places to donate them then waiting for my card to be refunded.
I really would like more than 3 hrs sleep… I’m becoming a very cranky old woman.
Can anyone give me insight into this. If I go with Dunlop soft is it really soft enough for a side sleeper of my age? or should I keep looking around for the Talalay soft. Very confused.
Please I need some help here

Dunlop does have a different feel than Talalay latex, and most people find Talalay to be softer and a bit more conforming. Everyone has unique needs and different perceptions as to the feel, but you will notice that there are many companies using Talalay for their top comfort layer either on pocketed coils or a latex base of either Dunlop or Talalay.

A couple of points to be aware of regarding The Natural Latex Company is that as you mentioned they only sell Dunlop latex, and another is that their return policy is different than most other vendors. If you opt to make a return they require you to package the mattress in an appropriate mattress box and then they will arrange for it to be picked up and returned to them. It’s not clear what they do with the returned product, but I’ve read that many people have difficulty in getting the mattress properly packed for a return. It’s not possible to use the box they ship to you in since the mattresses are shipped after being machine compressed, so you’re left to purchase a full sized mattress box which can then be shipped back to them. Since you mentioned you’re tired of the mattress return process you’ve experienced so far I thought you’d want to be aware that their policy can even be more difficult in that it won’t just be picked up by a charity, instead you’d be responsible for repacking it in a new full sized shipping box which you have to find and purchase.

Hello Miso

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Both Dunlop and Talalay latex can offer you a nice plush contour layer on top of your mattress should you choose the right density for your specific needs. If you are comparing two soft layers (one Dunlop and one Talalay) side by side, you will find in most cases that the Dunlop will feel a bit firmer due to it being a more dense latex compared to that of the Talalay. The simple answer is that if you are wanting the more plush and contouring topper between the two, Talalay will be just that. Again, that is not to say that a Dunlop soft topper won’t provide contour as a topper, but the Talalay will offer a more plush feel.

If you have more questions, or would like to discuss further, please feel free to call our office as well. Thanks again, and happy hunting!