Duplicating old Beautyrest Platinum Preferred Matress

Hi TMU,

I have an old Beautyrest Platinum Preferred from 2012 that I am looking to replace. I decided to join to ask for some expert advice since I am still trying to figure out what exactly I need.
My situation
I’m 5"6’ and 160lbs and am a side sleeper / stomach sleeper.
My husband is 6"1" and 180 lbs and a side sleeper / back sleeper. He has a lot of issues with neck and shoulder pain.

I couldn’t find any information on the old Platinum Preferred line but I am guessing its similar to the current line. The make up on the current line is:
Comfort Layer:
Airfeel™ Foam
Firm Comfort Foam
Infinicool™ HD Surface
Contour Layer:

Comfort Foam
Geltouch® Foam
Beautyrest® Gel Memory Foam
Support Layer:

1000 Density Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology

I want to go to a local manufacturer to find something similar but I’m not sure what to ask for when I go. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi EOSRebel.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

Ah, yes. This mattress is frequently sought after - apparently it was a good model! Unfortunately, because all of their foams are “proprietary” and they don’t disclose ILDs/IFDs of these foams, trying to approximate feel based on description is nearly impossible. Would you happen to know the thickness of any of those layers?

You may be lucky to come across an associate who has been in the mattress industry since 2012 who has the experience to help lead you to something similar - especially at a local manufacturer.

You may find this article useful in figuring out how to identify what to look for in your perfect mattress as well as this one on mattress specifications.

Please don’t hesitate to ask more questions!
NikkiTMU