Durham/Raleigh Recommendations

Hey Phoenix!

I’m in the market for a new mattress. This whole process is more time-consuming than I ever imagined mattress shopping would be. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a memory gel/foam or latex mattress. Can you recommend some solid places to purchase in the Durham/Raleigh/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina?

Thanks for your help!
Jamie

Hi JMVeasey,

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the mattress shopping tutorial which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and most importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There are both very broad categories of mattresses with many options and variations available in each category so the first thing I would do is use your local testing to decide whether you prefer the slower response and temperature sensitivity of memory foam (or variations such as gel memory foam) or the faster response of latex. While they are both very different from each other there is more about how they compare in post #2 here.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area are listed in post #6 here.

Phoenix