DynastyMattress 13" Luxury Cool-Breeze?

What is the general consensus on these mattresses? I’ve heard a lot of people say to just avoid any mattress made in China while others say that it’s CertiPUR-US® Certified! so it’s OK to buy.

I’m currently sleeping on a high end name brand innerspring pillow top and it’s hell on earth. It was great for a couple weeks and it pretty much bottomed out after that and it’s been hell for the 6 years since. We had purchased some ~$3000 Tempurpedic (6 or 7 years ago so I don’t know what model) because it was super soft in the store and felt amazing. When it was delivered it ended up being harder than our tile floor in the kitchen. Not exaggerating. They said it was hard because it was delivered in 10 degree weather and it would soften up once it was inside for a day or two. Two weeks later you could still drop a golf ball on it and it would sound like you dropped it on a wood table. Worst purchase ever. So we returned it but could only get an in store credit. We needed something quick so we just got one of the best pillow tops they had. And here I am today… still suffering.

We both want something plush and soft like the TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe but I pretty much refuse to buy Tempurpedic. Especially since most reviews I read of the TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe are pretty terrible and the warranty is now a joke. I honestly would have no problem spending the $4~5k on it if people could convince me it would be worth it but everyone I’ve talked to that owns one says it’s garbage because it starts to sag like an innerspring after only a couple weeks.

Well… I guess I turned this post into somewhat of a rant but that’s where I’m at. I’m looking at this DynastyMattress 13" Luxury Cool-Breeze on Amazon and it seems to get great reviews. However I can’t find much information about them and I might as well disregard Amazon reviews as they are most likely paid for and fake. It’s Ultra Soft, Cool and Queen Sized. That’s what I need and it’s under $600. Sounds too good to be true.

Hi techmattr,

As you know the Dynasty mattresses are made in China which means that the quality/durability of the materials can be more uncertain, inconsistent, and variable than materials or mattresses that are made in North America and it’s durability could also be affected by any fillers that are used in the foam or how long the mattress was compressed during shipping and storage (see post #6 here). You can read more about Dynasty in posts #3 and #4 here and a forum search on dynasty (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

There is more information in post #2 here about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

I would especially keep in mind that if the Dynasty mattress doesn’t work out as well as you hoped for in terms of PPP and you don’t sleep well on it that there can be some significant shipping costs involved to return it so with all the many uncertainties involved in purchasing a Dynasty mattress it would be a higher risk choice than many other mattresses that are available to you.

In terms of the quality of the materials, the foam densities that they list (the top two memory foam layers) appear to be good quality materials at least on paper but with Chinese manufacturers that may not be as consistent or that use fillers in their foam or that are compressed for long periods of time then their densities may not always reflect the quality and durability of the materials. I would also want to know the quality/density of the polyfoam layers in the mattress as well.

You may have read this already but just in case you haven’t … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones (so hopefully you won’t end up repeating your previous experience once again).

I would also avoid all of the major brands or any mattress where you can’t confirm the quality and durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here).

If you are comfortable with an online purchase then the tutorial post includes several links to some of the better online choices I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and post #4 here also includes several links to some of the better value online options that are in lower budget ranges as well.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

I would be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here). Their Amazon reviews certainly reflect this. In the end the only reliable way to know with any certainty whether a mattress is a good match for you would be based on your own personal testing or actual sleeping experience.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply. My zip is 15205. Just SW of Pittsburgh. I’m sure there are some mattress places around here that sell these value mattresses I just don’t know of any. I managed to find a couple people at work that had a Perfect Cloud mattress and another that had a Comfort Dreams. None of them really had anything bad to say about them but they all mentioned they were a little more firm than they expected. Which I think might be common for a first time memory foam purchase.

After talking to a couple people with Perfect Clouds they seem to be a great USA alternative to Dynasty. I don’t really care if these things last 25 years. If they last 4 or so I’d be happy. A lot longer than a innerspring will last me.

My biggest hesitation with Perfect Cloud is there seems to be very few reviews online other than Amazon. Even when I search the forum I get no hits.

Thoughts on Perfect Cloud?

Hi techmattr,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Pittsburgh area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

While they may be “designed” in the US ,… they are made in China so there would be subject to the same uncertainty as any other mattress that was manufactured in China that I mentioned in the link in my last reply. Perfect Cloud also isn’t listed on the CertiPur list here. Dura Global is just an US based company that is an importer.

Outside of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences … a mattress is only as good as it’s construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it and I would never buy any mattress where you don’t know the type and quality of all the materials in the mattress (see this article).

While it’s not possible to quantify how long any mattress will last for any particular person, if a mattress is well inside a suitable comfort/support range and isn’t close to the edge of being too soft when it is new and meets the minimum quality specs that are suggested in the guidelines here then it would be reasonable to expect a useful lifetime in the range of 7 - 10 years and with higher quality and more durable materials that are well above the minimum guidelines like latex or higher density memory foam or polyfoam (in the comfort layers especially) it would likely be in the higher end of the range or sometimes even longer.

If a mattress doesn’t meet the minimum guidelines then in some cases it may only last you for a year or two before foam softening and breakdown takes you outside the comfort/support range that is suitable for you and you would need to buy a new mattress. I would also keep in mind that warranties don’t cover the loss of comfort and support and a 25 year warranty is only about marketing not about the useful life of the mattress (see post #174 here). Return shipping costs for a warranty replacement can also be more than the cost of the mattress itself as well which of course would mean that a warranty claim wouldn’t be worth it anyway.

An innerspring mattress with good quality materials and components (unlike most of the innerspring mattresses sold in the mainstream industry) can also be a very durable choice that can last you for well over 10 years as well.

I would never buy any mattress that used lower quality/density materials or where I didn’t know the type and quality of all the materials inside it so I could make sure there were no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress (see the guidelines here).

I wouldn’t buy a memory foam mattress unless the memory foam and polyfoam was either made in the USA or was CertiPur certified.

I would be very cautious about buying any mattress where you aren’t confident that the mattress would be a good match for you in terms of PPP unless it also has a good exchange or return policy. There is also more information in post #2 here about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them.

I would also be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

If you are limited to lower budget ranges then some of the better lower budget online options I’m aware of are also listed in post #4 here.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (PPP), durability, and “value”.

Needless to say … this certainly wouldn’t be an option I would consider and it wouldn’t even be close to the top of my list compared to the many other good quality/value options that are available to you that wouldn’t have the same risks.

Phoenix