Eastman House mattresses: Does anyone have an opinion?

I am thinking about purchasing a King size mattress manufactured by Eastman House. I liked the plush model. The salesman stated that it had 900+ coils, memory foam and a plush top.

It seemed liked a comfortable fit, with the extra memory foam to accommodate the lumbar area.

However, I have never heard of this brand and do not know much about the quality.

I recently had back surgery, so I REALLY need a reliable product.

Thanks for help,

J

Hi wtf19t2,

A mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it and the only way to make a meaningful assessment of any mattress is to know all the layers and the quality of the materials inside it. This is particularly important in the case of the comfort layers which are usually the weak link of a mattress (the ones that soften and degrade the most quickly).

If you want to know the quality and relative value of this mattress … you would need to ask your salesperson for a spec sheet which includes information about all the layers including the density of any polyfoam or memory foam in the mattress.

Eastman House is one of the oldest brands in America and is part of Bedding industries of America which also makes Therapedic and Eclipse. They make some good quality mattresses but their “value” would depend on the specific mattress you are considering, how it compared to other mattresses that used similar materials, and of course on the prices being charged by the retailer you are dealing with.

If all a salesman can tell you is that is has an innerspring, memory foam, and a plush top … you are probably shopping in the wrong place although I would give them a chance to give you the meaningful information about the mattress. If they do this or if you supply the model of the mattress and a descriptioni is available online … I’d be happy to give you my thoughts about the specific mattress.

Hopefully you’ve read this but if not … the best way to find a great quality and value mattress that matches all your needs and preferences is to follow the steps that are listed in the post that is linked after my signature in every post I make (and of course read the information it links to).

Phoenix