Eco Flex - what's in it?

I have seen many folks ask this question and until recently I had no idea. That question was answered by a fellow at The Mattress Ranch when he gave me the full run down on their “Pinnacle” model of innerspring mattress.

The composition is listed with Eco Flex twice - 1: EcoFlex comfort layer jear the base and again above the coils and atop the .9" latex and 1.0’ comfort memory is a 2.5" Eco Flex Quilt Fill.

I asked what exactly was “Eco Flex” and I was shown a layer of scraps, that is what makes it “eco” as they are recycled bits of the fabric that have been used to build a padding. Literally the odd bits of trim pieces that are taken from cutting the encasements, which do contain a layer of ‘fill’ themselves - these are then stuffed into a layer, using channel quilt method to create the Eco Flex layer.

I walked. However some of you might want to know this ahead of time - maybe it doesn’t matter to you, maybe it does.

Hi SallyS,

While anyone can name any material anything they wish to … I think you may have received some incorrect information here.

Ecoflex is normally the name for a polyfoam layer (see post #2 here).

What you were shown sounds more like a shoddy pad which is made from textile clippings and is used over an innerspring to help prevent the layers above it from compressing into the springs and to even out the support of the springs and provide some additional padding. They use a resin to bond the clippings into a “layer” (see here and here).

Phoenix