Eco Series 2

Hello,
Has anyone owned an Eco Series 2 10" mattress for an extended length of time? I’ve only found 2 reviews for this mattress. I purchased on today after laying on it for a few minutes. It was a floor model and was more than half off (I paid $800.) I don’t have a bad gut feeling about it but I find it weird there are so few reviews…

Hi vidrio21,

The first place I would generally have suggested starting any mattress research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you need (or at least would have needed) to make good choices and make meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

I would also be very cautious about using reviews as a way to choose or evaluate a mattress (see post #13 here). A mattress that works perfectly for one or even many people may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on and most reviewers have little to no knowledge about the quality of the materials in the mattress they purchased.

Other than making sure a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … the most important part of choosing a mattress is knowing the quality of the construction and the materials inside it. Without knowing this information … there is no way to know the quality of the mattress you are considering, identify any weak links in its construction, or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. I would normally pass a mattress by if this information isn’t available to you because you would be making a completely blind purchase which is very risky and one of the biggest reasons for buyers remorse.

Of course all of this would have been more important to confirm before a purchase rather than after it. With a floor model then you normally wouldn’t have a warranty or a comfort guarantee either so it would be especially important to make sure that the quality of the materials was suitable for the price you paid and for your body type and that it was also a good match for the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Having said all of this … some of the specs of the Eco Series 2 are listed here

• Bamboo Fabric Stretch Knit Cover
  • 1″ Low-Slow Response 5 lb. Density EcoMemoryFoam
  • 2″ Mid-Fast Response 4 lb. Density Enhanced Anatomic Support Memory Foam
  • 2″ Low-Slow Response 5lb. Density EcoMemoryFoam
  • 4″ High-Fast Response BioFoam Core Support Layer
  • 1″ High-Fast Response Base Layer

If these are correct (and they may not be) then the comfort layers use a combination of medium quality/density 4 lb memory foam and high quality/density 5 lb memory foam which are within the guidelines I would use for a memory foam mattress (see post #4 here). I would also want to know the density of the polyfoam core support and base layer so you could have made more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses but if you are in a fairly normal weight range then there wouldn’t be any obvious weak links in the mattress in terms of the quality of the memory foam comfort layers.

Phoenix