Embassy suites mattress from hilton to home?

My wife and I have had issues getting the correct mattress. I like firm. She likes plush. The last plush we bought seemed fine for me in the store but caused me back pain. The firm we currently have is too firm (even for me). We just can’t seem to get our mattress right by testing for 1-hour-ish at a mattress store.

We recently stayed at an embassy suites for 4 days. We were both happy with the mattress. We want to buy that exact one and be happy. 4 nights of testing is far better than anything we will get in a mattress store.

Per the label it’s a Serta Perfect Sleeper Hilton Suite Collection with the number 644442.

Serra Hotel Mattresses website says that mattress is available via the hiltontohome website.

The hiltontohome website lets me order the mattress. But the “product details” are almost nonexistent. I’d love confirmation that I’m getting the exact same mattress.

I’ll email the “contact us” link on hilton to home. Can anyone give me reassurance that we’ll get the “same” mattress we slept on at the hotel?

FYI I already read the “Buying a Serta Suite Dreams from Hilton: a cautionary tale” thread.

Darrell

Hi darrekkjm,

I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Again nobody can speak to how any specific mattress will “feel” for someone else or whether it will be a good “match” in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances and you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress but outside of PPP (which is the most important part of “value”), the next most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label or how a mattress feels in a showroom (or in a hotel) or when it is relatively new so again I would always make sure that you find out information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

I would be very cautious about buying any hotel mattress … particularly if they don’t provide the specs about the quality and durability of the materials … because they are generally significantly overpriced and use lower quality materials than many other consumer mattresses that would be available to you in lower budget ranges because hotel mattresses don’t need to be as durable as a consumer mattress that is used every night and that is generally used for longer periods of time than a hotel mattress before it’s replaced. They are one of the most common sources of buyers remorse because lower quality and less durable materials can lead to premature softening and the loss of comfort and support and the need to replace the mattress much too quickly after a purchase (and foam softening and the loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by mattress warranties). You can read more about hotel mattresses in general in post #3 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix