Endless Comfort Mattresses in Ontario

Hi,
My husband and I just moved to Kingston and we need a new mattress. I have been looking at https://www.mattressmart.ca/ and the brands that they sell are all not very highly favoured on this site except for one brand: Endless Comfort.

I haven’t been able to find much on Endless Comfort here, except that they are a “local” manufacturer out of Vaughn Ontario. The website often linked from here, endlesscomfort.com actually doesn’t exist. And a google search for Endless Comfort Vaughn just brings up Yellow Pages results and the mattress mart website.

I’m wondering if anyone here has bought an Endless Comfort bed or if any of you have any knowledge or insight into the company.

Thanks in advance!

Hi ananee,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Yes, the major brands such as Sealy/Stearns & Foster, Simmons, and Serta (some of which are offered at the store you visited) all tend to use lower quality and less durable materials in their mattresses than most of their smaller competitors that will tend to soften or break down prematurely relative to the price you pay which is why I would generally suggest avoiding all of them completely (along with the major retailers that focus on them as well) regardless of how they may feel in a showroom along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here along with post #3 here and post #12 here and post #404 here).

Endless Comfort isn’t a member here of the site, but is listed as an option that might offer products using higher quality materials that may be worthy of consideration in your area.

I too noticed that the web site isn’t live any more, but the company seems to be producing mattresses. I’m not personally familiar with the ownership of this company, but the main source for any mattress layer information would be your local retailer as opposed to contacting the factory direct, as the factory is not normally equipped to handle direct consumer questions. I did pull up an old link for their facility here with some information, but I don’t know if this is still accurate, as the web link is not live. There is an Endless Comfort Bedding with a different address listed here, but with the same phone number. You may wish to phone them if you’re not able to find the information listed here from your local retailer.

I’ll be interested in learning if you are able to get specifications of any mattress in which you are interested (unfortunately the mattressmart.ca site doesn’t list any meaningful specifications on the Endless Comfort models), or if you are able to contact Endless Comfort directly.

Phoenix

My husband and I went into the store yesterday and they weren’t able to give us any meaningful information about any of the mattresses in the store. When we asked, the salesperson just read from the info sheet. He tried to steer us towards a floor model Serta and tried to get us to try mattresses at least $400 above the number we said was our max budget.

Hi ananee,

I’m sorry the salesperson didn’t have any detailed information about the product for you to use to make an informed decision. Without any confirmation of the materials inside, I would proceed with “caution” if considering this item.

As linked to in my earlier reply, I would completely avoid Serta and the other major brands. It’s frustrating when salespeople aren’t able to or don’t desire to act as educators and listen to your needs and find what is best for your particular situation.

In case you haven’t seen these already, a few more retailers around the Peterborough/Belleville/Kingston areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here .

Thanks for the follow-up.

Phoenix

Hello.
I’m not sure if it’s too late to reply but we just bought one of these and I’m starting to regret it. These mattresses are no longer manufactured in Ontario. They are shipped from China. The smell they give off is nasty. Also, I was looking into a luxury firm bed but this one felt much different than what we tried on Mattress Mart’s floor. This one has zero plushness. it’s very firm. So much that my shoulders were killing me in the morning. I would not recommend this for a side sleeper. I’m now stuck looking for a memory foam topper to relieve some of the pressure.

Hello.
I’m not sure if it’s too late to reply but we just bought one of these and I’m starting to regret it. These mattresses are no longer manufactured in Ontario. They are shipped from China. The smell they give off is nasty. Also, I was looking into a luxury firm bed but this one felt much different than what we tried on Mattress Mart’s floor. This one has zero plushness. it’s very firm. So much that my shoulders were killing me in the morning. I would not recommend this for a side sleeper. I’m now stuck looking for a memory foam topper to relieve some of the pressure.

Hi techy76,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Can you be more specific which mattress you purchased? If it was an Endless Comfort, there seems to be a few different locations carrying products using the Endless Comfort moniker, but they seem to be from different manufacturers. Can you share which model you purchased, and the foam layerings?

How do you know this item is manufactured in China? Can you share where you found out that information, as it’s not readily available online. If you have any other information (perhaps from the law tag) about the manufacturer or distributor, that would also be useful to share with everyone here on the forum.

Some people are more sensitive than others to the odors of new mattresses, specifically memory foam, and this can be worse in mattresses than have been compressed for very long periods of time (such as those shipped from overseas). Without knowing the components within your mattress, I couldn’t comment much upon that, except to state that it’s normal to allow a new mattress to air out a bit if you are sensitive to such odors, and it should dissipate after a few weeks.

Again, you’re not providing any meaningful specific information about the product you chose for me to provide commentary or assistance. In general all foams will soften a bit over time, especially within the first few months or so of use when they use their “false firmness”, and it is common for floor models to be softer than the new version of the mattress when it is taken home, even for compressed boxed bed products.

Toppers can be a viable alternative to replacing a mattress as a method to provide extra surface comfort. The information in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can help you with selecting a new topper.

Phoenix