Endy, Casper Wave, Leesa, (maybe Novosbed)

Hi, question for anyone that may have info regarding these mattresses. I like the feel of the more “neutral feeling foam” that the Endy, Leesa and Casper Wave employ. Any thoughts or opinions on the quality (of materials) and durability and support of these mattresses? They all feel pretty good to me when lying on it in the showroom for 10 mins or so.

It’s just so hard to know what’s what reading up on all those other mattress review sites. They’re all seemingly so biased because they seem to get commission on beds sold with their promo codes.

Also anyone know why Sleep Country Canada bought Endy? And then proceed to NOT have the Endy mattress in their showroom? In fact if you ask them they’ll even say Endy is lower quality than their bed in box mattress (Bloom). It all seems kind of curious. Why buy if you don’t believe in the product?

Hi stmslpr,

polyurethane mattress cores hereYou can do your own comparative shopping by using TMU which has recommendations on and on the memory foam comfort as a comfort layer here

Yes, the bed in a box market place is extremely competitive, and manufacturers use every marketing strategy available in order to get ahead of the competition.

I’m just guessing here, but maybe they just want to keep those 2 businesses separate in order to target two specific markets (store/online)

Finally I think you can find an equivalent / better quality mattress for about the same price from the TMU Trusted members section here.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks MFC! Continuing to do some more research… I stumbled upon a company called Lunazen based out of Vancouver BC. They sell hybrid mattresses with 100 night trial but do not compress their mattress… kind of like Saatva i think. I was researching the potential negative effects on quality and durability compression into a box would have on a mattress foam with the bed in a box fad. I mean it would seem to make sense that compression would not be good for hybrids with coils at the very least. How true this is, i don’t know.

Lunazen seem to have decent quality materials (Zen-M memory foam supposed 2 or 3 inch at top… 4lbs density, another 1" Ecotex soy foam supposedly 4lbs density followed by 8" bipocket coils supposedly 15.5 gauge and 1280 in a queen).

Main thing is they don’t compress it which is making me think they might be a decent choice.

Has anyone heard of them, tried them and any thoughts? I don’t see much about them on the internet other than google reviews and their own website reviews. Supposedly Bret the Hitman Hart endorses them.

Hi stmslpr,

Sorry, I haven’t heard of this mattress, the market is saturated with new beds at the moment so it’s difficult to keep up with all these new companies. I suggest you give it a try, since you have 100 days to try it out, you have nothing to loose,

Please give us a review if you decide to do so,

all the best

Thanks MFC, I’m looking to pull the trigger on one of those canadian bed in a box. Just a little gun shy and want to make sure I get it right since I got burnt a couple months ago with another purchase of a mattress that doesn’t seem to be working out and set me back ~$3000-4000 (non refundable). I don’t think it’s common for these companies to refuse full refund if it doesn’t work out but I’ve read that it happens. And with Lunazen being so new it’s a bit of another dice roll.

Lunazen is maybe a front runner because i just can’t see how compressing up a hybrid coiled mattress won’t have at least some adverse affect on the metal and at the very least it’s durability.

Hi stmslpr,

I’m sorry to hear that you got burned on a recent purchase, would you mind sharing your experience on the forum? I think it would be great to let potential customers know of what can potentially go wrong with the money back guarantees.

You’re right! and the fact that they give you 100 night trial (full money refund) seems like a win/win situation.

please keep us posted!

All the best

Thanks MFC, well I guess I “burnt” myself. I bought a latex mattress at a small store in town with no refund. I figured it felt good in the showroom and i liked that latex was pure and healthy and the store has good reviews. But when at home it just wasn’t right. Terrible back and rib pain. It was almost like the top latex allowed too much sinking into a firm firm core. What ever the case I’ve exchanged the firm latex core with pocket coils (15 gauge and 14-1500 coils in a queen). A bit better but just doesn’t feel quite right after over two months.

My guess maybe is that the mattress is only 6" coil support and only 2" latex or foam for a total of 8". I think there may not be enough of that transition from the comfort layer to the firm support. Might need more foam to transition to the coils? Who knows. I bought another 2" of 4lbs belgian foam from them (hasn’t arrived yet) and might put it on top to see if that helps. We’ll see. Comes at a poor time too because my financial situation is a bit precarious now.

Continuing to look around. I really like lying on the Stearns and foster hybrid but it’s expensive, there’s no full refund policy and i’ve read terrible things about their durability. Looking like my next step is to try out a full refund bed in a box but i hate returning things so i’m trying to do a lot of due diligence and researching.

Hi stmslpr,

I’m sorry to hear that, it’s really upsetting when we make expensive mistakes like that, and we still have to find a solution to our problem. For years we’ve been selling mattress toppers to help customers solve the comfort issues of their new mattresses. Some manage to find relief with a mattress topper, while others, like you, end up having to buy another mattress.

That’s the main reason we’ve developed the Presto Customizable Mattress. With over 16 firmness and comfort options in one mattress (Classic Model) it gives the customer options to fine tune the firmness of their mattress once they bring it home.

I hope you find what you’re looking for, and please keep us posted on whatever you decide to do.

All the best