Enso Marakesh

We decided to get a new mattress and found the enso marakesh at a local bed store. We have been looking for 3 weeks and have tried every store and almost every bed just to make sure we liked what we were getting. This particular bed felt great in the store. I was a little worried it might actually be on the soft side but my wife loved it as a side sleeper. We got the bed home and let it decompress and have slept on it the last two nights. It is like sleeping on a board its so stiff. Nothing like the store model. We are new to memory foam so my question is, does it take time to break in and soften up? If so, how long? We couldn’t even make it through the night last night, we went to the guest bedroom. I am extremely disappointed and the only thing I can think of is that the floor model in the store must be like 4 years old to be that soft. Not sure what to do but $1100 is a lot to spend on a piece of plywood.

Hi James24,

It’s unfortunate that you didn’t find us before buying your mattress.

The Enso mattresses generally use lower quality/density memory foams in the comfort layers which can soften and break down more quickly than higher quality/density memory foam so if the mattress you tested was fairly old then it could be significantly different from the mattress you received.

There are also other factors that can affect the firmness/softness of a memory foam mattress … especially when it’s new … and post #2 here also has some suggestions that may be helpful.

Phoenix