Ergo Ultra Latex Mattress

Hi there! So happy to have found the Mattress Underground. We are suffering with a 5 year old coil mattress and bad backs. Your site is a bit of a godsend. We are currently looking at latex mattresses as we wish to have a more natural product and having tried many mattresses in-store, love the feel of the latex mattresses. We have come to the conclusion that Nature’s Embrace is the way to go, and are considering the Presto or the Unison. However, I just discovered a small business online called Sleepy’s located in Kelowna, BC, Canada. It is nowhere near us so we are unable to try out their mattresses but I’ve had a couple of detailed conversations with the owner who suggested a latex mattress that he has designed called the Ergo Ultra Latex Mattress would be ideal for us. I’m wondering if anyone on here is aware of this mattress or has any feedback on either the store Sleepy’s or the Ergo mattress. The owner is Geoff McLeary. He was super friendly and helpful but because this mattress is unique to his store and we have only physically tried out Nature’s Embrace mattresses, I am looking for more feedback. One thing of note is that Geoff referred to having some issues with the Nature’s Embrace product and I’m not sure whether or not he is really just pushing his Ergo design on us, perhaps justifiably so. He actually carries Nature’s Embrace mattresses in his store so I found it a bit odd. I should also mention that his Ergo mattress is more expensive by $200-$300 dollars than either the Presto or Unison from MFC. He also sends a detailed questionnaire out to customers to determine what factors he should consider when suggesting mattress styles, which I thought was a good idea. We would really appreciate any thoughts or opinions on this as we don’t want to get “taken” again.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi queenbeee,

The Nature’s Embrace organic dunlop latex is 95% pure rubber and is GOLS certified. It seems the Ergo ultra latex, is made of blended talalay (usually 70% synthetic / 30% natural) which contains styrene butadiene a listed VOC

The Presto and Unison have a wool quilted organic cotton cover. I can’t seem to find any information on the Ergo ultra cover.

What issues is he having?

The main advantages of the Presto customizable organic latex mattress is that it’s an organic bed and that you can fine tune your comfort and support preferences in the privacy of your bedroom (9 firmness options). There’s no need to fill out any questionnaires and hope that you get it right the first time. If the mattress is too firm or too soft for you, you simply unzip the top part of the wool quilted organic cotton cover, rearrange the layers, and Presto! You now have a mattress with a new firmness option.

What will do, if the mattress you buy is not customizable and simply does not feel right for you?

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario

Thanks so much for the information, Mario! It does bother me that Sleepys may not be forthcoming about what type of Talalay is being used in the Ergo mattress - a blend vs. natural. I have now specifically asked that question and am hoping for at least an explanation in that regard. Also, from my research, it seems that Dunlop is the longer-lasting of the two types so I’m not sure why 100% Talalay would be the best anyhow.
At this point, I’m quite convinced that the Presto mattress sounds like a fantastic option! One thing I’ve noticed about ordering online is that most companies use delivery to the door but don’t include set-up or take-away of the old mattress. Is this true of MFC as well? It certainly would be understandable as it would seem virtually impossible to have employees set up mattresses and take away old ones when your staff is located so far away. It is, unfortunately a consideration, as we both have back issues and would have trouble maneuvering the mattresses.
Thanks again for your expertise!

Hi queenbeee,

We do offer this type of delivery in certain areas, please contact me with your exact delivery location, and i’ll be happy to give you a quote.

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario