Experience with Green Sleep Dolcezza - Phoenix?

Still in search of other possibilities, I tested the Green Sleep Dolcezza today, and thought it was very comfortable. I’ve narrowed it down to either the Obasan Acadia 3.0 or the Dolcezza, but if I get the S300 base, the Dolcezza is much more expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Green Sleep at all, but specifically this model?

Phoenix, I know this is probably a ridiculous price to pay, but what is your opinion about the quality of these mattresses (not the value)? Also, regarding the dowel foundation…

My main issue with the current mattress is that I am not getting enough support in my lower back and hips, regardless of how I try to configure the latex layers. The Obasan handles this with a zoned mattress (but only 3 zones, not the multiple ones I currently have). Their suggestion was a medium base, and then a zone of soft for my upper body, firm for back and hips, and medium for my legs, topped with their standard soft layer. I’m a little wary of zoned mattresses now, not only because they seem hard to get the configuration right, but because I don’t tend to like to feel the differences in ILDs…I like a more “consistent” surface. I also move around a bit, and don’t like the idea of having to be exactly positioned in order to be on the “right” part of the zone.

My understanding is that the Green Sleep, while not specifically zoning with the latex itself, compensates with the adjustable dowels. How does this system differ from a european adjustable slat foundation? I’ve read many reviews from people who didn’t like these foundations (euroslats), and preferred the traditional slatted foundations. Is the Green Sleep similar in concept? Would it help to provide more support in the back and hips? I know there was one poster on this site who recently bought the Dolcezza and mentioned that he didn’t purchase the foundation. You had warned against that, only because you can’t realistically expect the same experience as what you tested in the store if you’re going with a different foundation. Understandable, but that poster seemed to like the mattress on a standard foundation. I’m just wondering if I might run into the same issue as with my current mattress (lack of back and hip support) if I go with a non-zoned mattress and decide not to get the adjustable base.

In terms of quality, if you had to choose between Obasan and Green Sleep, what would your choice be? (I hesitate to say “had to choose” as if these weren’t both good mattresses!).

Would appreciate your input. Thanks!

Hi rockalicious,

From a quality perspective … the Dolcezza and all the Greensleep mattresses use all high quality materials.

The S300 dowel foundation would be similar to a tension adjustable slatted system where the tension or firmness of different areas of the foundation can be adjusted to fine tune the sleeping system in terms of support and firmness under different areas of the body.

Post #2 here and the posts it links to have more information and my thoughts about the Dolcezza and the dowel foundation and may be helpful along with a forum search on Dolcezza or on Greensleep.

I don’t think I would have warned against purchasing the dowels outright because it would depend on how someone tested it. My only caution as you mentioned would be to be aware that if you test it one way (with or without the dowels) and then purchase something different that it wouldn’t be the same as what you tested. If someone intended to purchase it without the dowel foundation then I would make sure that they test it that way in the mattress configuration and layer choices that is the best “fit” by itself to make sure it is suitable in terms of PPP without the S300.

Phoenix