Factory Direct Mattresses in the Toronto, ON and GTA area.

Hi again,
I posted this on another thread and perhaps it wasn’t the appropriate place. I’d like to preface the following with the idea that we need to remedy this situation asap as we are in pain upon waking every single day. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Hi there and thank you for this wonderful site!
Unfortunately, I have to report that despite doing a fair bit of research after purchasing a king size latex bed from North Shore Linens in Vancouver, Canada, both my husband and I have increased lower back pain, shoulder pain and hip pain.
We purchased this bed just over a year ago. At first, we thought it was great! (The springs in our old mattress were literally poking us in the ribs). During the past six months, however, we both started noticing increased pain and stiffness upon waking. I won’t go into the details of the latex mattresses here, as I know you are familiar with what North Shore Linens sells, but I will say that I am 5’2" and 125 lbs. and my husband is 6’ and 210lbs. I chose the twin 6" soft mattress and he chose the twin medium 6". This is covered with the king size latex 3" topper. When we tried the mattresses in the store, there was no topper on the mattresses.
The other day, while mulling this over, we decided to try our mattresses without the topper to see if the mattresses felt more like what we thought we experienced at the store but in fact, the mattresses felt even more “rock-like”.
We are quite desperate at this point and are considering trying to sell the mattresses and frame. The frame was purchased from K&D frames in the U.S. ( kdframes.com/collections/beds/products/c...on-plus-platform-bed ). The slats are 2.8" apart and it seems to be absolutely fine. I notice they seem to no longer sell the King size frame unless it’s perhaps by special order only.
Any information you can provide to us would be most appreciated. We basically dread going to bed, have terrible sleeps, and look forward to feeling somewhat better once we move around a bit in the morning.
I am about to begin researching what type of mattress - brand, style, etc. would be best for people with low back pain and pressure point issues. Some of your trusted companies on here are either unavailable in Canada or too costly with the exchange and shipping so it narrows the options somewhat.
Thanks so much for any enlightenment you can provide,
queenbeee

Hey queenbeee,

Sorry for any confusion, I responded a short while ago on your original post topic,“Latex- pros and cons”. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sensei :slight_smile:

I am 6’ 175 lbs and my wife is 5’ 4" 125 lbs. She requires a very soft mattress due to shoulder and hip issues. I also have shoulder issues but prefer a firmer mattress, likely due to my greater weight. We’ve gone through four mattresses over the last twenty years. Our last mattress, which was less than four years old, was a 14" Novaform Comfort from Costco that had not aged well. My wife has used memory foam toppers for at least ten years, with her latest topper being 3".

We ordered a split king Presto mattress January 27. The split king mattress includes two twin XL 2" bonus HD layers, which we upgraded to a 2" organic latex layer and a 2" memory foam layer. The mattress was delivered February 6, although it had arrived at the trucking company’s distribution centre in Edmonton February 2. The delay was a result of a delivery backlog on the part of Day & Ross, the trucking company,

The delivery itself went well. The delivery person positioned the mattress, bonus layers and box of pillows on a tarp I had placed on my garage floor. The packaging was good, as shown in the attached pictures. The mattress was in a heavy plastic bag, which was inside a cardboard box. The bonus layers were double bagged in heavy plastic. The pillows were in individual plastic bags inside a cardboard box. It may not be the greenest packaging but it offered good protection for everything.

After unpacking the mattress, I unzipped its cover and carried the individual layers to our second floor bedroom. I then set the mattress up on our existing slatted twin XL frames from IKEA. After three tries, we settled on the following layer orders (top-to-bottom).

My wife’s side:
• 2" memory foam - 12 ILD (as a mattress topper)
• 2" memory foam - 12 ILD
• 2" memory foam - 12 ILD
• 2" latex - 20 ILD
• 4" base - 40 ILD

My side:
• 2" latex - 20 ILD
• 2" latex - 20 ILD
• 2" HR foam - 20 ILD
• 4" foam core - 40 ILD

We tried placing the three memory foam layers in the mattress cover on my wife’s side. It didn’t work as she prefers to have a top layer without any compression. I don’t know if this is because she’s had a topper for a long time and I don’t care. As long as she’s happy with the setup, I am as well.

The extra memory foam layer was about four inches shorter than the other layers. Within hours of emailing this information to Mario, he responded, “I’m sorry about that bonus layer, we’ll have a proper one shipped out to you ASAP.” Mario is to be commended for excellent after sales service!

The only complaint I have at this time pertains to the nylon zipper on the mattress cover and this issue is not unique to MFC. I am not sure how long the zipper will last, as I expect to rearrange and rotate layers on a regular basis. Fortunately, my wife sews and will be able to insert a more durable zipper if necessary. And if worse comes to worse, I can always order another cover!

All-in-all, I’m very happy with Mario, MFC and our Presto mattress. I will never again purchase a mattress that cannot be reconfigured.

The images that I should’ve included with the above comments about MFC’s Presto mattress.

Hi Saile,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Classic Presto Customizable Mattress

We use a nylon zipper on the Classic Presto and a brass zipper on the Organic Presto. In our experience, the few zipper issues we had, happen within the first few months of use. Rest assured that if ever you have a problem with the zipper, we’ll be happy to replace the cover for free.

That’s correct, you’ll get better pressure relief from a topper than when all the layers are placed inside the cover. A topper has nothing to restrict its ability to contour and mold to the shape of your body and therefor provides superior comfort. That why we give a bonus layer with the Presto Customizable Mattress so that you have as many options as possible to find the firmness and support you want.
Mattress toppers make up the bulk of our sales at MFC. Nothing compares to sleeping directly on a 2" or 3" topper that is unrestricted by the cover of a mattress assembly. In our opinion, a floating comfort layer placed over the mattress (over the mattress protector) is still the best and most economical way to get maximum pressure relief on painful hips and shoulders.

I’m happy that you understand the reasoning behind sleeping on a customizable mattress and remain available to assist with any questions you might have to make your mattress feel “just the way you like”.

all the best
Mario ~

[quote=“MFC” post=84137]Hi Saile,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Classic Presto Customizable Mattress

We use a nylon zipper on the Classic Presto and a brass zipper on the Organic Presto. In our experience, the few zipper issues we had, happen within the fist few months of use. Rest assured that if ever you have a problem with the zipper, we’ll be happy to replace the cover for free.

That’s correct, you’ll get better pressure relief from a topper than when all the layers are placed inside the cover. A topper has nothing to restrict it’s ability to contour and mold to the shape of your body and therefor provides superior comfort. That why we give a bonus layer with the Presto Customizable Mattress so that you have as many options as possible to find the firmness and support you want.
Mattress toppers make up the bulk of our sales at MFC. Nothing compares to sleeping directly on a 2" or 3" topper that is unrestricted by the cover of a mattress assembly. In our opinion, a floating comfort layer placed over the mattress (over the mattress protector) is still the best and most economical way to get maximum pressure relief on painful hips and shoulders.

Im happy that you understand the reasoning behind sleeping on a customizable mattress and remain available to assist with any questions you might have to make your mattress feel “just the way you like”.

all the best
Mario ~[/quote]

Hi just giving a review on Springmade since my January post. I decided to go forward with purchasing a bed here. I dealt with Joe. Customer service was great. He made one for me and we adjusted in the showroom and once at home, it was not working entirely for me as it was a little soft and I got some lower back pains. Joe adjusted the layers and the covering and I’m really enjoying my new mattress. It worked so well I also bought a new platform bed and a mattress for my daughter. I highly recommend Springmade if you are looking for knowledgeable staff, customer service and good value.

For some reason that I can’t create a new thread but have similar question except customize order.

I am trying to find the “GLOS” latex/foam supplier in Canada only. Not US based store… sorry.

The original idea is from https://www.foambymail.com/blog/diy-casper-foam-mattress/ and
https://mattressunderground.com/the-underground/our-trusted-membersproduct-category/organic-latex/
(unfortunately both is located at US)

After researching about memory foam and latex so I decided to use both, but I only can found 1 supplier is https://en.memoryfoamcomfort.ca/ and I have checked other compare from your list but nothing of them is supplier.

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/vancouver-bc is another that I checked BUT I can’t find their certification of GLOS or CertiPUS-US

like this
https://inbedorganics.com/collections/certified-organic-mattresses/Mattress (but very expensive)

https://snugsleep.com/products/latex-gold-mattresses/ ( GLOS but unclear about ordering and pricing… so have to contact… I am 100% sure it would be expensive)

https://innovativesleep.ca/100-organic-latex-mattresses/ (lack of information)

Can you please tell me other latex/memory supplier to check out? I prefer GLOS certificated for latex and CertiPUR-US for memory foam.

I am planning to build the queen mattress with 4" to 6" dunlop latex based mattress and with 1/2 inch memory foam as top. I will use wool as 1/2 inch topper. I still not decided about base yet.

PS I am located at Vancouver Area.

HI Al Shawa,

Thank you for buying Canadian and helping Canada be great again! :slight_smile:

If you live in Vancouver, you can check out our partners retail location at Majestic Sit And Sleep.
Located:
2141 Burrard street,
Vancouver BC Canada
Phone: 604-731-8226

They carry GOLS certified organic dunlop latex, and 4 /5lb memory foam. (5lb is certifed CertiPur-US)

Best of luck and please keep us posted on how your visit went

Regards

Hey Insmom,

Welcome back and thanks for your updates.

Congrats on your new Springmade mattress :cheer: ! Glad to hear that you had a good customer service experience and better yet, responsive post-sale support resolving your initial layering issues. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts following a sleep trial period and hope you continue to enjoy good rest.

Cheers,
Sensei

Thank you for replying back.

is it https://www.majesticsitandsleep.com/ ? Yesterday I looked at it and it’s not supplier but retailer… and very expensive.

I would be nice if I can order customize…

Hi Al Shawa,

Yes, retail stores generally cost more than buying online because they have high overhead cost to cover. We carry all the items they do, but we can sell for less because we’re a web store. We have the lowest prices in Canada for GOLS certified organic dunlop latex, and CertiPur-US 5 lb memory foam, plus we offer free shipping and pay the taxes.

Please let me know if I can help you with your needs

Yes of course but I am trying to find the supplier in here first then whole Canada.

If i don’t get a reasonable price then I will contact you. Thank you for your time to reply my questions tho.

Hi there.
I am a newbie here, was reading a lot to make a correct mattress selection and here is where I am right now.
We have visited number of different stores, and are leaning towards a latex mattress. It just feels awesome. But those are pricey.
My experience is similar to another user who posted recently.
We are looking for a king size mattress.

1. Dormio. Really liked their beds, got the following offer
    Ashcroft mattress - 10 inch all dunlop latex. 6 inch firm, 2 inch medium, 2 inch soft with wool quilt for $3220
  2. Ideal Mattress. Also liked their mattresses and the fact that you can play around with different layers to understand what you like. Got the following offer
    11 inch all dunlop latex. 6 inch firm, 3 inch soft, 1 inch extra soft, 1 inch extra soft for $3500.
    or
    same latex except base 6 inch replaced with 8 inch 3.5 lb high density foam - for $2800

I like both of them, but don’t like the price :slight_smile:
Are those fairly priced mattresses?
I see another user mentioning that Springmade can do all latex mattress for around $1000. How is that possible? Will those be any good?
Do those “we can do any configuration” shops that don’t usually do latex mattresses will be good at making one?
Are there any other Totonro/GTA shops that do latex mattresses that would compete on price/quality with Ideal and Dormio?
And lastly, replacing base layer of latex with high density 3.5 lb foam to save some money, is it a good idea? I worry that the base layer will deteriorate quicker that latex and will shorten the life span of the mattress. Is it a valid concern?

Hi Might-Porcupine
you can check us out if you are looking for something looking within the GTA.

Is there a reason why my (long and detailed) message, which is on topic of this thread, was deleted?
Am I missing something?

Hey Might-Porcupine,

Welcome to the TMU Forum, thanks for your question :slight_smile: .

Your post has been temporarily taken down while your consumer account is being reviewed for possible high risk spamming activity. While your original TMU registration was not blacklisted, your next contact with our site was flagged as having an “83% high risk” for fraudulent activity and is blacklisted on spam fighting reputable resources that we are associated with. If you can provide any clarification on why this is possibly occurring, please let us know. It would be great to hear your thoughts on what could be triggering this alert and get us on the path to sorting it out.

Thanks,
Sensei

Hi Al Shawa,

I’m sorry but I don’t understand this statement, what do you mean by finding a supplier in here first? Then the whole Canada?

regards

Think Al Shawa meant looking for availability in Vancouver first, if not found then would consider other sources elsewhere in Canada.

Hi Sensei,

I have no idea why I would be flagged. I am just a regular guy trying to pick a mattress :slight_smile: