Factory direct

Hi, I am verynew here but have been reading until my head is exploding. I live in St. Petersburg, fl and at 79 with degenerative bone disease and arthritis aplenty, I believe I am interested in a latex core mattress and wonder if there are any recommended manufacturers or small shops in this area, could be the Tampa Bay Area, which is quite large but never-the-less, I am willing and eager to find a new home for my back. Waking up in the morning is fine but getting out of bed and to the coffee pot is a chore; bent over in pain. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

photogary

Hello PhotoGary

Thank you for your inquiry! I did some research for latex mattresses in your area for you to try, and I found a few Bed Pros (https://www.bedpros.com) locations that offers the Pure Latex Bliss mattresses. These mattresses are made up of all Talalay latex, and are available in three different models/densities:

10" Medium Latex Bliss: Consists of a 6" firm support core with a 2" pressure relieving layer in the middle, topped off with a 2" ActiveFusion soft comfort layer.

12" Plush Latex Bliss: Consists of a 6" firm support core with a 3" pressure relieving layer in the middle, topped off with a 3" ActiveFusion soft comfort layer.

13" Ultra-Plush Latex Bliss: Consists of a 6" firm support core with a 3" pressure relieving layer in the middle, topped off with a 4" ActiveFusion soft comfort layer.

Here are three Bed Pros locations that are relatively near or in Tampa, FL:

5450 4th Street N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33703

7231 US-19,
Pinellas Park, FL 33781.

145 S. Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, FL 33609

Please don’t hesitate to message us if you need any other assistance. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi PhotoGary.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m very sorry to hear about your low back issues and the health issues that you are experiencing so with that in mind, you’d definitely want to make sure that whatever you choose has very good deep down support to promote a more neutral alignment. The two basic functions of a mattress are to provide support/alignment and then comfort, and between the two I’ll recommend to defer first toward support. This is described a bit more in the basic functions of a mattress here …in general lower back pains in the morning are associated with lack of support and a PPP mismatch (Pressure Relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preference)

I agree with latexmatttressfactory that the safest way to see if you like the feel of an all latex mattress would be to visit a showroom and test a few of them personally. There are a few other options that you may wish to consider, all which are Trusted Members of our site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

1. Luma Sleep located in Tampa, FL has all latex and hybrid/latex lineups that you may wish to test. (Luma is also an expert member of our site and you can reach out directly to ask any question you may have. Luma is just about to open a showroom in Tampa. They did not contact us yet with the showroom address and the opening day, but if you would like to visit them, let me know and I’ll call them on Monday to find out all details. Alternatively, you can reach them directly, either through the expert member of our site (link provided above), or by chatting with Stephano directlyon their site, or by phone.
    Two other trusted members in Florida that you may wish to visit
    [li] Bedmasters, located in Port Charlotte, FL (about one hour and 20 minutes away from you)
  2. Fox Mattress located in Volusia County, FL (if you want to go a little further… they are about 2 hours and 20 minutes away from you)

I hope this gives you enough options to try locally and if you have any questions about specifications or certain products you discover, feel free to post back on the forum and we’ll do our best to assist you.

Phoenix