Few questions.

Hello, I’m currently trying to help my parents decide on a good mattress for them. I’ve suggested latex for them but they are unwilling to pay the price for it without being able to test it.

I was wondering if there are any recommendations regarding stores in the Kitchener/waterloo Ontario Canada area that they could visit. I’ve looked at the trusted member list and didn’t seem to find any.

They have currently found a possible mattress already: https://www.sleepcountry.ca/kingsdown-silent-partner-findlay-mattress/product/02016M but i’m not sure if that would be a good fit as i’m unsure of the quality of the materials used in it. if anyone knows more about this particular mattress that’d be great.

I’m currently trying to get their information on weight, sleeping positions, and what firmness level they like as they have tried some mattresses. I’ll update once i have that information on. Thank you!

Hi Jcol93.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Your parents are wise to want to try a mattress before making the purchase especially if they have no experience with how latex feels.

I wouldn’t buy a mattress based on what I call “theory at a distance” alone without doing some local testing first so that they have a reference point for how the latex feels and also how different specs and combinations feel and perform for them. Different people (even of similar body types and sleeping styles) can perceive and interact with the same materials and specs very differently. There are just too many variables in both body type (even at the same weight) and sleeping positions (there are many more combinations than just the three basic types) and personal preferences involved to be able to use just specs alone to predict with certainty what they or any specific person may do best with.

If your parents are willing to take a one-hour drive, they can visit two of our trusted members in the area. Dormio store Mississauga/Oakville, ON and CBH Wood furniture in Burlington, ON ) They are highly experienced, knowledgeable, and make genuine efforts to eliminate confusion and much of the trial and error that consumers usually experience when shopping for a mattress. This customer-oriented approach is opposed to typical the high-pressure sales and deceptive tactics, poor quality information, and “great sounding” stories that surround a typical mattress purchase.

Other than this we don’t have a very large base of Canadian trusted members but that does not mean that you can’t find local retailers that are transparent about all the mattress information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the https://mattressunderground.com/our-articles/mattress-durability-guidelines-how-long-will-a-mattress-last.html mattress durability guidelines here Before your visit I’d make a call to determine that they are willing and ready to provide this information because outside of whether a mattress is a good match for them in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences)… a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside. Maybe worthwhile reading this short article about Educated consumers

You are quite right, SleepCountry and other online options that sell Findlay do not provide any meaningful information that would allow you to assess the quality/value of this mattress. If you are able to acquire more complete details on this 15" hybrid foam mattress and the information listed here and post them back here I’ll be happy to comment upon the quality of the materials inside it or help you identify any potential weak links in the mattress.

Phoenix