fix or replace Stearns & Foster Golden Elegance?

I have the S&F Golden Elegance mattress that was purchases in June of 2012. Which was a replacment for a Prana
supervinyasa. That had for 90 days and returned because i was unhappy with it. How ever my wife loved loved loved the
Prana and i have been hearing about it for the last 2 years. The Golden Elegance was ok for me for the first year & half but
the last 6 months have been down hill. I am 5’ 8" and 155 lbs. and I am a stomach and side sleeper. It seems like the pillow top
has softened up some and now I am sinking in and causing me to have back pain. The has gotten much worse the last month
which is why I am seeking your advise on this. I was thinking about air mattress but after reading your Pros & Cons of air mattresses
not sure what to do. Addition info my wife is 5’ 4" and 120 lbs and is a back and side sleeper. I was wondering if i can add
a layer of foam? remove the topper that is part of the mattress and replace it with layers of foam firmer on my side and sofer
on her side, or should i look to buy new Mattress. Should have keep the Prana and one of us would have been happy

Hi John44,

Unfortunately there are no great ways to “fix” a mattress that is too soft or has developed soft spots or impressions but some of the suggestions in post #4 here may be helpful … even if only on a partial or temporary basis.

I would also be very cautious about the Prana mattresses. You can read more about them in post #3 here and in post #2 here and in post #3 here. A forum search on Prana (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback about them.

Phoenix