Flexus comfort - absent customer service (remove from trusted members?)

What is happening with Flexus? There has been no reply regarding my warranty claim.

I was able to reach Henry by phone two weeks ago about a warranty issue with an 18-month-old mattress. He was reluctant to speak for more than two minutes and stated he would respond to my email with instructions for the warranty claim.

However, I have not received any response to my email for a week, despite sending reminders every couple of days. Since then, no one has been answering the phone either.

Is the Flexus warranty service always this poor?

For the second part of my question: The only reason I purchased from Flexus was because it was listed as a trusted member. However, there is sufficient evidence on Reddit from others too about their bad/poor customer service. Does it still make sense for them to continue as a trusted member?

Two more links from reddit:

cc @phoenix - I’m new here. Could you point me to who can help on this?

Hi ngxt_78,

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! I’m glad you reached out, and I understand your frustration. I’ve already contacted Flexus regarding the Reddit posts you mentioned.

As I mentioned before, it’s unlikely that Flexus will respond quickly on the forum. When I spoke with Henry a week ago, he explained that Flexus is going through a restructuring phase with many expected and unexpected changes. While their customer service may be slower than usual, Henry assured me that he was working to address all issues.

For now, I’ve removed Flexus’s dedicated forum from the Talk to the Experts Panel. I’ll also reach out to Henry directly about your situation. To assist me, could you send a personal message with the email you used to contact Flexus and any details or issues related to your purchase?

Your previous thread in the Talk to the Experts will be closed once Flexus’s dedicated forum is removed from the panel.

Let’s remain optimistic that Flexus will weather these changes successfully. I’ll be on the lookout for your PM.

Phoenix

2 Likes

Hi ngxt_78

This is just a quick update on my conversation with Henry regarding your warranty claim with Flexus.

Henry reiterated that they are addressing all customer issues, although it may be slower than they would like due to their restructuring process. He asked that you call and leave a voice message with your name, phone number, and a brief description of the issues. He assured me that they typically respond within 24 hours to all voice calls.

Additionally, once I receive your PM details, I will follow up with him as well.

Phoenix

2 Likes

@phoenix : thank you so much for helping with this. I have PM-ed you. I have emailed Flexus already, I’ll also leave a phone message tomorrow morning.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi ngxt_78,

You are most welcome!

I did receive your PM, but some important details are still missing. You may have included those details already in your email to Henry, but please go through the list below to add to your next PM response. I am including the entire list here for the benefit of others reading this thread,

Typically, any mattress warranty claim will need to include the following info:

1. Date of purchase.
  2. Purchaser’s name & contact email.
  3. Attach a scan or copy of the purchase receipt (without that no warranty claim can be processed).
  4. Thickness of your damaged bed. (You may want to include the number of layers your mattress has and the thickness of each layer).
  5. The type of latex (Talalay/Dunlop) and the ILDs of the first top layers (comfort and/or transition). If you can’t find the ILD numbers, you probably have them by denomination (x-soft, soft, medium, etc).
  6. Take and attach a few photos showing the visible impression of the layer breakdown. You can check for any visible impressions in your latex layers by putting them (or the individual layers) on the floor and then either running a string from edge to edge or using a straight edge (such as a broom handle) across the layers and then measuring the depth of any visible impression from the bottom of the straight edge or the string.
  7. Specifications of the foundations on which the mattress was placed. (Such as the distance between slats, if it has center support etc.) Foundations that do not meet the seller’s provisions will most likely void the warranty.
  8. The sleeper’s weight and height to assess the stress on the foam
  9. Since one of the twins is in working order, what is your desired outcome? (I don’t have Flexu’s policy at the time since they recently changed it, but I remember that one solution was to exchange the faulty layer).

For #8 above I’d add that generally, latex is among the most durable foam materials in the industry and it will soften much more slowly than any other type of foam. Foam softening or breakdown is rarely an issue with latex unless it is defective or too soft for the body type of the person sleeping on it (softer foam is always less durable than firmer foam regardless of the type of foam). Higher BMI individuals will wear out softer latex (low ILDs & densities) much faster than normal BMI individuals, this can happen for the top comfort layers under mechanical stress. As a routine soft layers for heavy sleepers will need to be replaced when they start giving signs of breakdown and fatigue.

While your warranty claim with Flexus may be successfully processed, if the comfort top layer is exchanged for a new one of the same ILD & density, it would probably have the same fate after some time of use. We recommend that higher BMI individuals purchase thicker mattresses built with firmer, denser, and more durable layers. Thickness and softness work together and because thicker layers (or mattresses) can have a greater range of compression and are more “adaptable” … it’s also possible to use firmer top layers in a thicker mattress and still have good pressure relief because of the greater range of compression of the thicker mattress which can create a mattress with a firmer “surface feel” but that still provides good pressure relief and adapts well to the body contours.

In the end, whether you decide to fix your current mattress or purchase a new one will have some options to weigh.

I’ll be looking for your PM with the additional info
Phoenix

3 Likes

@phoenix : Thank you for providing the list of information I need to provide.

During my phone call with Henry, he mentioned that he would send an email detailing the information he needs to process the warranty claim. However, since I have not received that email, I was honestly unsure about what all would be required.

I am confident, though, that this list will be similar to what Henry needs. I will PM you with the response.

Yes. I have had absolutely horrid experiences with their “customer service” and can’t believe they’re still a trusted member here. I didn’t go looking for posts on this topic, but it just came up at the bottom of a completely unrelated post I was reading in the course of my own research, because they have been useless in trying to adjust our now five year old mattress to salvage what we can and make it work for us. (We were perfectly willing to spend money.)

1. At the time of purchase I was counseled against two things I was pretty sure we’d want (a separate topper in a soft stretchy case, and a split top layer) and very much regret ignoring my instinct and taking their advice. We absolutely needed both of those things. Terrible advice.

2. After giving it a couple months for us to adjust and the mattress to “break in” and it still not working for us, I sent an email with every detail you could imagine that should help an “expert” guide you in the right direction. It’s funny you say he’s hesitant to talk on the phone, because I can’t get him to send me an email of any substance to save my life, despite explicitly requesting a response via email. It’s like he doesn’t want anything in writing. Same experience for the last two months.

3. We live in Southern California so actually went to the showroom/factory to test mattresses. The mattress we received never felt like the one we tried in the showroom and also started compressing very quickly, despite rotating/flipping/rearranging the crap out of it. The further we get in to this DIY rebuild, the more I think there’s nothing that can be salvaged from this mattress. Our previous and cheaper memory foam mattress lasted almost twice as long.

STAY AWAY.