Flexus Comfort Latex - reviews, competitors?

Hi,

I’m looking to buy two (2) Twin-XL Latex mattresses for our new split king adjustable bed.

We currently have an 11" memory foam Original by bedinabix.com that we liked ok. It is about 7 years old, and starting to have compressed areas and pressure points. It was a bit more responsive than regular memfoam.

I think we’d like to switch to latex, to avoid the sinking effect of memory.

We’ve looked at brands like flobeds, but just don’t want to spend more than about $1500 to $2000 total for 2 twinxl mattresses.

That led us to looking at flexuscomfort.com. we can get a custom 10" setup with 3 latex layers for about $810 per twinxl, $1620 total.

But I don’t see much in the way of reviews on that brand. Anyone have experience pro or con with them?

Are the any other brands that offer similar 10" three layer latex for under $1000 per twinxl that I should consider instead?

Just trying to get best bang per buck in this price range that will work great with adjustable base, and help with my side sleeper hip and shoulder pressure points. I like the idea of being able to replace a layer in future to change feel, or if a layer wears out.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Tyber

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your question. Sorry to hear about your “side sleeper hip and shoulder pressure points”. It seems that you are on the right track with your selection of an all-latex bed. I’d make sure that you carefully assess your needs to select the appropriate support/comfort configuration in terms of ILD firmness of each of the 3 layers to best mitigate your pressure point issues and still maintain a neutral alignment for your spine (neutral alignment is one of the primary considerations for getting a good night sleep)

I am sure that those who take the time to scour the internet can find the lowest price point possible, but whatever you find, along with budget considerations, I’d also do a bit of due diligence regarding the vendor/manufacturer you purchase your products from. Before you make a purchase I’d ask several questions to find the information you need to know along with warranties, exchange/return policies, and where they are sourcing their products/components in case things do not go as well as you hoped for.

Flexus Comfort is currently running a Summer sale and the Natural Latex Mattress in Twin XL sows 25% off now. You do a Forum Seach on our site to find out what other consumers have to say about them. Flexus is one of the Trusted members of the site and even though they recently did have some supply chain and workforce disruptions in my recent conversation with the owner he mentioned that things are back to normality.

With your limited budget in mind, I looked around our membership directory and found a few that you may wish to consider.

Arizona Premium DIY section also one of the Trusted members and experts of this site. They also have a sale for their 3" latex layers which would bring the cost down to about $200 each. You’d need to purchase a separate zippered cover (TwinXL/Twin Organic Cotton Zippered Mattress Cover ) which will allow you to replace/exchange layers as needed and it costs around $139 for this size bed. This would in effect bring you a little under $750 for one unit.

Sleep on Latex is also one of the Trusted members of our website who has an 8" Solid Organic Latex bed for $725 that you may want to consider it especially if you have organic certified product considerations.

You may also want to peruse our Trusted Members ~ Directory linked above in search of additional options.

I hope this helps. Let us know of your eventual decisions and any other options and vendors worth considering that meet your budget limitations.
Phoenix

Hi @phoenix,

In addition to Flexus, I’m now also considering buying my 3 inch latex layers from Arizona Premium or Latex Mattress Factory. I’d like to get 100% Talalay from the Denmark (Radium?) source, rather than USA or Dunlop latex. I also want the comfort layer to be something like a soft 19 ILD. I think at least one of those sellers should be able to get that for me. Waiting to hear back from them.

Meanwhile, do you have any recommended sources for finding a quality, but simple 100% cotton or maybe Tencel mattress cover? Something 9" deep with a zipper, for my three layers of 3" latex?

I really want to avoid a thick top surface, such as wool, to avoid affecting the latex feel. I’m not overly worried about fire protection.

Posh and Lavish has a quilted Tencel cover on their Toppers that is amazing. They have “almost” the same cover on their mattresses, but with wool added, which in my opinion kind of ruins the latex feel… requiring a separate topper to get back to the latex feel. So I’d like to find a simple but quality cover that gives me the latex feel from the start.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Tyber.

You’re welcome! Glad to be of help :slight_smile:

When I last spoke with Larry, the owner of the Latex Mattress Factory he mentioned that he sources his Talalay latex both from Talalay Global and from Radium to avoid any possible supply chain disruptions. Many other companies are most likely doing the same so it’s worth giving them a quick call.

You have quite a few good options. Here is a shortlist of zippered covered offered by some of our Trusted Members:
Arizona Premium Mattress cover would fit your criteria and generally has a large selection of mattress covers, bamboo, organic wool cover, organic cotton. The zipper is made with Teflon and zips around all four corners making it easy to assemble. Some models come in sizes from 6" to 15"

• DIY Natural Bedding has a few ticking options that you may wish to look at
They also have a [Expandable Knit Ticking] but this is an expandable 100% Organic Cotton Double-knit ticking [/url]that you might wish to consider (3" to 15" in thickness)

Latex Mattress Factory has a removable and washable 360-degree zipper cotton cover from 2" to 12" in thickness.

• Nest Bedding also has this mattress encasement.

• Sleep EZ has Natural and Organic cotton & wool Zippered Mattress covers between 6" and 12" in thickness

• Sleep On Latex has organic cotton covers sizes from 1 to 12" in thickness which has a zipper all around and allows for the top part to be removed and washed. They can also custom make them but it takes a little longer to ship.

• Sleeping Organic has organic full zip-off covers that can be custom made with or without wool.

Phoenix