Flexus VS SleepEZ VS Foam Sweet Foam MATTRESSES

Hello ! First off, I want to say how thankful I am for this very insightful forum. I have learned so very much and have spent HOURS doing my homework and researching as to what will be the best mattress for myself (I haven’t even entered the realm of pillow shopping). With all the info provided, and the many show rooms I have been to, I have decided to purchase a QUEEN bed Natural Organic Latex , more than likely the base layers being Dunlop with a Talalay Top, and am going back n forth between a 12’ or 15’ of layering. 4 x 3" of latex or 5 x 3’ of latex. ITs been such a LONG process not only because I have been reading so much, but also because I don’t feel like I fall in the category of a typical sleeper. I have trained my body to sleep on my back as per suggestion of my chiropractor… but I so sometimes sleep on my side, on my stomach, but I would say most of the time when I wake up, I am either on my side or my back. I do love to feel like I am on a cloud- as in I like to feel engulfed by my mattress, but not stuck as I found with foam materials. I did try out a wool topper at one of those natural mattress stores, and i really liked the way it felt. Would it be silly to get a wool mattress topper and put it on top of a soft layer of talalay? Having an organic bed is very important to me, and I am also evangelizing my friends and family :slight_smile:
PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY ADDITIONAL IDEAS. I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO TRY OUT OR TEST ANY OF THESE VENDORS, SO I AM A BIT HESITANT… BUT I JUST COULDNT BUY FROM SAVVY REST , nor ESSENTIA, NOR ANY OF THE OTHER “ORGANIC” PLACES I HAVE FOUND. THANKS!! IF I AM MISSING ANYTHING , FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK. While price is a bit of a factor, its not a determining factor. I would rather spend a bit more and be comfortable for longer.

FLEXUS
QUEEN: $1725 12’ Mattress *Ships free from Covina, CA
1 x 3" Talalay *no extra cost for Talalay
3 x 3" Dunlop
Return Policy: 30 days to swap out 1 layer for $65, 30 day FULL refund but I pay all shipping costs. NO RESTOCKING FEE
Warranty: 30 year warranty - I pay all shipping costs
Suppliers/Certification - 100% Natural Latex// OEKO Tex Certified (Sri Lanka)

SleepEZ
QUEEN: $2070 12’ Mattress *Ships free from AZ
1 x 3" Talalay *no extra cost for Talalay
3 x 3" Dunlop
Return Policy: 30 days to swap out 1 layer for $30, not sure who pays the shipping costs. 90 days for a FULL refund, shipping is $99
Warranty: 1 year warranty against any defects/ 20 year limited warranty *first 10 years against any manufacturing defects in the latex.
Suppliers/Certification -Latexco/Latex International/Sleep Comp

Foam Sweet Foam
QUEEN: $2199 (+60 = 2259) 12’ Mattress OR 2599 (+60 2659) 15’ *Ships free from Anaheim, CA
4 x 3" Dunlop , +60$ cost for Talalay per layer OR 5 X 3’ *Talalay is +60$ per layer
***** ONLY TOP LAYER CAN BE SOFT… NO OPTION FOR THE SECOND LAYER TO BE SOFT. This part confuses me… I was thinking to get the first 2 layers to be soft.
Return Policy: Within 30 days of the invoice date, you may exchange one latex layer of the mattress – one time. We will pay for the shipping charges of the exchanged layer.
60 Day Return - Any mattress purchased from Foam Sweet Foam can be returned within 60 days of the invoice date. We will refund the purchase price of the mattress minus an 18% Return Fee. The customer is responsible for packaging and shipping it back to us.
Warranty: 30 year warranty - Foam Sweet Foam guarantees the latex in your mattress to last 30 years. If any latex layer loses 1/2 inch of thickness due to fatigue they will replace it. This warranty is not pro-rated. **not sure who would pay all shipping costs?
Suppliers/Certification - Radium Foam & Latex Green 100% Natural Latex

THANK YOU FOR READING AND FOR YOUR HELP!

I’m a Sleep EZ owner.

The Sleep EZ Layer Exchange is 90 days and the fee is $30.00

90-Day Comfort Exchange

In order to take the risk out of selecting the right mattress, we have a 90-day layer swap out policy on latex mattresses. You may return 1 of your layers (2 if it’s a split his and her side) from your mattress, and exchange it for a layer of a different firmness.

We reduce the cost of shipping to a modest $30 charge for any location in the continental U.S. To make sure you are not inconvenienced in any way, the procedure is as follows:

Notify us of the desired firmness with our over the phone assistant.
We ship you a brand new layer of your desired firmness along with a shipping label for your return layer.
Return the layer you no longer need, in the same box we shipped your replacement layer in.
    You will need to place the provided shipping label on the box, and drop it off at any UPS shipping center.

The replacement layer is taken from production. All layers are brand new.
The 90-day comfort exchange starts from the first day you receive your mattress.
Shipping for the first exchanged layer is $30. The purchaser is responsible the full cost of shipping for any additional layer exchanges.
Exchange layers must be free from dirt, stains, tears, and odors to qualify for an exchange.

Regarding the Warranty for Sleep EZ latex mattress:

We cover the first ten years unconditionally against manufacturing defects in the latex. The purchaser will not pay for the repair or replacement of a component; however, they are responsible for all shipping costs.

After the 10th year, there is a prorated cost to repair or replace the mattress components. A repair in the 11th year will cost 50% of the original cost of the mattress. Each year after that will increase by 5% in cost. (12th year 55%, 13th year 60%, 14th year 65%, 15th year 70%, 16th year 75%, 17th year 80%, 18th year 85%, 19th year 90%, 20th year 95%.)

One Year Warranty.

The One Year Warranty pertains to the mattress cover, not the mattress.
We provide a 1-year warranty for the cover from the date of purchase. It applies to defects in material or workmanship and is not part of the 20-year warranty.

Re: two soft layers. It wouldn’t benefit you to have two matching layers with any mattress. You wouldn’t be able to fine tune it.

Hi lavishxlife,

You are certainly looking at some great quality/value choices and all of them are members of this site which means that I think highly of all of them and that I believe they all compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. The differences between them will really come down to a combination of which types of latex layers you prefer (100% natural Dunlop, certified organic Dunlop, blended Talalay, or 100% natural Talalay) along with any differences between their return/exchange policies, their prices for “apples to apples” comparisons using the same type and blend of latex, and any of the other criteria that are important to you. Other than this … they all have a very similar design. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress. but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer (which all of them are) that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with such as Savvy Rest) than anyone else.

This is likely out of a concern for durability since two soft layers will be less durable than firmer layers but when you talk with them on the phone you can always ask them to confirm this.

When you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” (which you are) and none of them have any weak links or lower quality materials in their design (which they don’t) and if there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing or mattresses you have slept well on, your more detailed conversations with each of them, your confidence about the suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences, the options you have after a purchase to change the firmness or exchange or return the mattress or individual layers, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix