Flobeds and SleepEZ split style latex mattresses?

I’ve been thinking about getting a latex mattress from either Flobeds or SleepEZ, but notice that they both are split in the middle, I’m assuming to provide more variables in firmness levels and for couples. My concern is that I might feel where there is a split and I am just curious as to whether or not others that have used these types of mattresses notice where the split is.

Hi trabadoor22,

You are certainly looking at some great options and there are many forum members that have purchased one or the other and hopefully they will see your post and share their feedback but in the meantime post #2 here should be helpful.

You can feel any difference in firmness between the sides (which of course the reason for split firmness levels in the first place) but with a suitable quilted cover (which both of them have) you won’t feel the split itself.

Phoenix

This was my primary concern when I was shopping for a latex matress. 60+ days with a SleepEZ 10k and I have yet to feel a center seam. Granted it’s probably “too soon to tell” and I don’t go “looking for it”. I think I found 1 review where that happenned with an EZ mattress but the reviewer had the mattress for a few years.

IMO the only way you would feel the seam would be if the sections began to slide apart. From handling the latex and seeing how the mattress cover is constructed I believe under normal use the chance of that happening would be extremely low.