FloBeds vs SleepEz

Hi Dave,

Thanks for paying us a visit … and thanks too for the time you spent on our conversation it triggered today. It’s been a while (seems like a lifetime ago sometimes) since my WTB days :slight_smile:

Thanks too for correcting any misinformation on the forum as well. As you know it’s important to me to make sure that accuracy rules the day here and I am certainly not immune from making mistakes in my assessments or comments. Considering that you cut your own layers and the materials you are now offering in your new mattress line as well I’d say that clearly makes you a manufacturer and not just an “assembler”.

The comment about customizing was more about the ability to choose different types of latex (such as Dunlop) and to choose a different top layer thickness but you also made clear in our conversation that you could customize your mattresses outside of the standard layering that was on your site and you also have some options that aren’t generally available elsewhere (including your v-zone) so there is no doubt that you can customize a mattress in ways that are not available elsewhere and I’m happy you clarified this as well. I also noticed that you now have horsehair and rubberized coir options as well as other choices which are very unique and interesting as well. It seems that I’m not the only one whose “expertise is growing” although I don’t think the learning curve ever seems to end :slight_smile:

I have always been somewhat of a skeptic of the value of this many zones and while I certainly think zoning can be a valuable feature in a mattress, I am not a particular fan of this many. I think it would more accurately reflect my own opinions though to call the vZone excessive or “complex” rather than “gimmicky” and of course my own opinion is not any more factual than anyone else’s and is always subject to change. I am also not one to argue with the success of customers regardless of any “theory” and there is no doubt that the vZone can help with zoning in the more critical areas you mentioned where more challenging circumstances can make zoning very effective regardless of it’s importance in other areas. The one thing I do like about the vZone is that they can be re-arranged and as you mentioned today on our call you will change out any of the zones for a different ILD if that becomes necessary which is a great service. While I still think that choosing or arranging 6 zones could be somewhat complex and I still question the value of this many … the extra zones certainly don’t do any harm and the idea of customizable zoning in critical areas is a good option IMO. It’s great that you offer it and this specific type of zoning also makes you unique and “unique” is always part of “value”.

I think of all the things we talked about this is probably the best news of all. With everyday pricing and not having to wait for a sale … the overall “value” of your products is certainly better (even though you did previously match any sale prices for a period of time on any purchase) and this is great to see. As you also know I’m not a fan of 'sale" pricing …especially with manufacturers that don’t need them to have good value. If there was a single source of some of the “tone” of my postings about flobeds in both WTB and here, it was that from a more 'raw materials" point of view and without sale pricing you were not in the same “value range” as other manufacturers. With this change from sale pricing to everyday pricing that has changed and of course there has never been any doubt about the quality of your materials or the ongoing service you offer to your customers.

So I think more than anything, our conversation today and some of the changes you have made will result in a different tone when you are the topic of discussion. Who knows, with a few more conversations you may even convince me of the value of having 6 zones in a mattress … but diversity and different design theories and ideas are part of what makes the industry (at it’s best) so interesting :slight_smile:

Thanks again for taking the time to post and bring us up to date … and for the conversation we had today. It was good to connect and set the record straight.

NOTE ADDED: They have since become a member of the site and you can see some additional or “updated” thoughts about their vZone in post #4 here.

Phoenix