Foamex, FXI, Aerus, Sensus and Wally World.

So Foamex is now called FXI is this correct? When I look up Foamex all I find is FXI.

Aerus Natural is made by this company FXI and is a 4lb density foam. I seen Aerus toppers on sale at rockymountain and also at sleepwarehouse for $200-$400, anyone have any idea if the super cheap topper at walmart is the same thing? Aerus Natural 3" Memory Foam Topper w/ 300TC Cotton Cover - Walmart.com I’ve tried calling Foamex… but get redirected to FXI and can’t get anyone. Got a Spanish person who hung up on me. Not sure what number to call.

Also at the FXI website, which I assume is the new Foamex…I don’t see any mention of Sensus foam? Do they no longer make Sensus? Who makes it then? If I buy Sensus I’d like to know who the manufacturer actually is.

Below is the link to FXI product page. Aerus is there, Memgel is there… no Sensus…
http://fxi.com/foam-products/bedding/index.php

Hi EZ4HZ,

FXI and Foamex are the same but they have used FXI since the company was purchased by new ownership in 2009 (see here). You will often see them referred to as FXI/Foamex.

The Walmart topper you are looking at says that it is Aerus on the description but Walmart often has incorrect descriptions. If their shipping weight is correct and you calculate the density based on the dimensions then it doesn’t appear to be 4 lb Aerus so either the density or the shipping weight is listed incorrectly.

The actual calculation would be 75" x 39" x 3" = 8775 cubic inches / 1728 = 5.09 cu ft. If the topper was 4 lbs then excluding the weight of the cover it would weigh 5.09 x 4 = 23.6 lbs and they list the shipping weight as 17.9 lbs.

If the shipping weight is correct then the density of the topper would be 17.9/5.09 = 3.5 lbs and it would be a little less than this because of the weight of the cover so it would be closer to 3 lb memory foam.

While they don’t list it on their site … FXI can still make the Sensus memory foam that is sold by some retailers or manufacturers although they focus more on their newer foam formulations.

Phoenix