General Mattress Help

I am new to this forum and would like some help finding a decent quality mattress. I live near Annapolis, MD and would like to get a good quality, double sided innerspring queen mattress for under $1000. My wife and I are primarily side sleepers - so I’m thinking plush would be the way to go. I’m not sure if this is enough info, or if it’s even possible to point me in the right direction (locally) with finding a retailer. Also, I’m not too keen about ordering online without actually trying a mattress in the store.

After reading some of the posts in this forum, and advice from the articles, I’m hesitant to buy from any of the major brands. But it seems as if every store around me only sells those brands - and I can’t afford a very high end mattress. Additionally, I’ve found it nearly impossible to get a good idea of what materials, and their composition, are in some of the mattresses I’ve looked at online.

Please let me know if anyone has any smaller brand names (local, etc.) that are quality and affordable, or any other suggestions for me. Thanks!

Hi patrick8,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

As you can see in the guidelines here … I would avoid any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality of the materials inside it (see this article). Making a blind purchase is a very risky choice and is one of the most common reasons for buyers remorse much too quickly after a purchase.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Annapolis area are included in post #2 here for the Washington, DC area and in post #2 here for the Baltimore area (with some overlap).

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix for the help, I will check out some of those retailers from the list you provided.