GhostBed Classic vs Radiance

Hello, I was wondering if the Ghostbed Radiance is worth it over the Classic. Hard to find information about it since it appears to be a new(?) Costco exclusive.

I am 5"10 and 150lbs.

Hi ObamatheSith,

Welcome to the mattress underground and becoming a new MUGster.

When comparing the Ghostbed Radiance verses the Classic, they both have similar features. I tried my best to create a side by side comparison. Ultimately, you will be the judge of which one is best for you based on your PPP’s (Personal Preferences, Posture and Alignment, and Pressure Relief) in coordination with your body profile.

Both mattresses offer cooling features, but the GhostBed Radiance may have more advanced cooling technology with its Ghost Ice Layer and also had infrared technology too.

The GhostBed Classic utilizes latex foam in its comfort layer, which can provide more bounce and responsiveness compared to the gel memory foam used in the GhostBed Radiance.

Pricing for the classic is 1199 Canadian in the king size, the GhostBed Radiance is 1499 Canadian which is higher mainly due to its additional cooling features and infrared rejuvenation technology. Assuming you believe in that stuff.

Good luck with it, whichever direction you choose. You may want to check out Trusted Member @MFC for some options. Read some individual reviews off site as they tend to only allow 5 star reviews get through on the web site. If you like what you see, you will make the right decision.

Hi,

The GhostBed Classic Twin XL with Adjustable base is 1,599
The GhostBed Radiance Twin XL with Adjustable base is 1,699
I believe I don’t need the advanced cooling, however I also don’t need any bounce.
A $100 more does not sound bad so maybe best to go with the Radiance.
Time to go compare it with other beds…

Thank you for the response

Oh, I did not realize you were looking at Twin XL, I always go right to the king. The Radiance uses that infrared technology, like Celiant.

Celliant fiber is designed to harness the body’s natural energy to convert it into far infrared (FIR) energy. Far infrared radiation is a type of electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths longer than those of visible light. This type of energy is believed to have various potential health benefits, including improved circulation, increased oxygenation of tissues, and enhanced recovery from physical activity.

While I believe the technology is science based, and I have no reason to doubt it, I am always cautious at these claims in practical use. It always seems to end up where the hype does not match the performance. But then again, if it works at all, the theory of a partial loaf of bread is better than no bread at all.

Good luck with your choice, keep us posted on your progress with it.

Maverick