GhostBed ~ The Mattress Underground (TMU) Trusted Member

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your response.

The main issue, as I understand it, is that you did not allow the time stated in their policy to fairly assess comfort to make a comfort return claim Just to clarify, this wasn’t this issue. I did give this bed the required 31 day “adjustment” trial or whatever they call it. I purchased the Ghostbed Natural mattress. My reason for wanting a return was the mattress, in my opinion, is of poor quality, not comfortable, noisy during sex and I couldn’t handle the off-gassing which was still present after 31 days. I called their support line to initiate the return and explained multiple reasons why I did not like the mattress. I requested the return for BOTH quality and comfort reasons. Shortly thereafter after, Ghostbed emailed me informing me that my sleep trial was void and they would not accept a return, period. Case closed, no offer to help with an exchange, cut and dry response - Sleep trial void, no return allowed, final decision.

At that point, I did initiate a dispute with American Express. Very clever and frankly disgusting of Ghostbed, this is their fine print.

“The sleep trial is a comfort sleep trial only for the GhostBed mattresses… GhostBed has the final right of refusal for any sleep trial return and/or refund. Your account will be notated and your sleep trial will be voided if any non-returnable reason has been given.”

As a consumer, should I really have to read fine print to find out if the advertised “risk free trial” is really risk-free? Who reads the fine print before buying a mattress? Unfortunately, legally, I agreed to the terms of Ghostbed’s fine print. American Express could not rule in my favor. The way Ghostbed has written its terms, they have 100% discretion to deny any and all return claims.

I just want other people on your forum to be aware that Ghostbed is not an honest company and to think very carefully before purchasing anything from them. They literally have an email dedicated to chargebacks, I think it was [email protected]. How many merchant disputes do you need to have before you need to create a dedicated email for them?

My options are quite limited at this point. My main goal is to spread the word that this company is dishonest and should be avoided at all costs.

I have opened a BBB case, but Ghostbed has an F rating on there. I just wish I saw that before handing my money over to them. So hopefully, my story saves a few people from making the mistake of purchasing a mattress from Ghostbed.

1 Like