Glideaway Sleep Harmony Hybrid

I found the following bed and am curious for your thoughts on it. I’ve noticed you say ok things about Glideaway in the past and this one has caught my eye.
Sleep Harmony Cool Gel Orion: http://glideaway.com/product/orion/
3" TruGel™ + Charcoal EliteCore Memory Foam - 4lb
–Aerated for maximum breathability
–full layer of actual gel on the top layer of foam
2″ SuperSoft Gentle Support Transition Foam - 2lb
7" Synergy Support System
• 9" Individually Wrapped Steel Pocket Coil System heat tempered and pre-compressed
• Tri-Zone System, extra support coils for mid-section and extra edge support. Two rows of coils on edge using 13.5 gauge steel wire for added edge support.
1.25″ Body Support Base - Unknown density

So one of my concerns is this mattress that has springs in it is compressed and rolled up like you would see some all foam beds packed. I’ve noticed another brand that has compressed and rolled coil mattresses but I’m wondering if you run across them before?

Price on the bed is around $1200, which seems ok. I spent a fair amount of time on it and it seems fairly comfortable.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Hi nitzy_r,

[quote]
Sleep Harmony Cool Gel Orion: glideaway.com/product/orion/
3" TruGel™ + Charcoal EliteCore Memory Foam - 4lb
–Aerated for maximum breathability
–full layer of actual gel on the top layer of foam
2″ SuperSoft Gentle Support Transition Foam - 2lb
7" Synergy Support System
• 9" Individually Wrapped Steel Pocket Coil System heat tempered and pre-compressed
• Tri-Zone System, extra support coils for mid-section and extra edge support. Two rows of coils on edge using 13.5 gauge steel wire for added edge support.
1.25″ Body Support Base - Unknown density[/quote]

These are all good quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress so if you have carefully tested the mattress and it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would certainly be well worth considering.

Most pocket springs are fine with roll packing and they are even even roll packed in a bale when they are ordered by a manufacturer for use in their mattresses (see the video here).

Phoenix