Going Toxic Free

I am making the switch to a non-toxic mattress. For the past 3 years I have slept on a a firm foam mattress with a memory foam topper. I really want to replicate this firm core with a soft top. I am looking at Cozy Pure’s “Pure Performance Cozy Cush Natural Latex Organic Mattress with 7-Zone Latex Core + 1.5” Soft Latex Comfort Layer" but I am not sure if this will give me the same type of feel.
Do you know anything about this mattress?

Hi Rew,

Cozy Pure is one of the manufacturing members here and they are one of my favorite organic/natural manufacturers. You can see some of my thoughts about them in post #11 here and a forum search on Cozy Pure will bring up more feedback and comments about them as well. The mattress like all their mattresses uses very high quality materials.

Latex is a great material and has a unique combination of being both soft and pressure relieving and supportive as well. It is a “fast response” and highly resilient material with a more “on the mattress” feeling while memory foam is a slow response, low resilience, and temperature sensitive material with a more 'in the mattress" feeling. There is a significant difference between the “feel” of latex and the “feel” of memory foam and I would consider testing some latex mattresses locally to make sure you are comfortable with the differences between them. If you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know of any testing possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Once you know that you like the feel of latex in some combination (there are many versions of a latex mattress from soft to firm) … then it’s the time to talk with the manufacturer so they can explain all your options, help you compare their mattresses to what you have tested if that is possible, and help you make the choice between their models that would be best for you.

Phoenix