Hate my Tempur Rhapsody, replacing with Aireloom or Prana

Hi FAUguy,

[quote]I made it back up to City Mattress this week and tried them out again.
I liked both the Aireloom Maribel and Silverton models. The Maribel is “softer” while the Silverton is a bit more “supportive cushion”… it’s hard to describe in words the difference in how they felt. Pricing was $3600 and $4100, taking $900 off retail price.
Not really sure yet which one I may go with. But the SF MacClesfield I’ve filled out because it is too much like a marshmallow and have no idea how the two 3" memory foam layers would hold up. [/quote]

I would be very cautious here and make sure that you know the type and quality of all the layers in any mattress you purchase so that you can confirm there are no weak links in the mattress…

While there is always some risk in buying a mattress that uses durable materials but doesn’t have the comfort and support that you need and isn’t a good match for you in terms of PPP … if you have a good return/exchange policy the risks are minimal.

On the other hand the risk involved in buying a mattress that is comfortable and supportive or has a great “showroom feel” when it is new but uses lower quality materials that will only hold up for a few years are much higher (especially in the price ranges you are looking at) because if you lose the comfort and support that was the reason you purchased it and you end up needing to buy a new mattress after only a few years then what you paid for the mattress will have been lost completely. I would also keep in mind that the loss of comfort and support that comes from foam softening isn’t considered to be a defect and isn’t covered by a warranty unless you are one of the minority where the visible impressions in a mattress (without anyone on it) are deeper than the warranty exclusion (see post #174 here).

Phoenix