Having a hard time deciding on a mattress Restava or not?

I am new to this site, and have to say , thanks for all the info that you have available to try to make the best decision on buying a mattress. That being said, it seems the more I read , the harder it is to make a decision. I have always had innerspring mattresses, and have always had an issue with sagging. I have never tested memory foam until the last 2 weeks. I dont like the “sinking in” feeling too much. Neither does my wife. We want to be able to rollover without feeling “stuck”. I am 6’2 185lbs, and my wife is 5’6" and weighs 110. I thought I had narrowed it down to the Restava Westin ,due to the fact that they compare it to the Tempur-Weightless Supreme. I have tried most of thier line up, and and the weightless seems to give us the ability to basically lay on "top " of the mattress , rather than in it. However , I was just reading the post on “Restava vs. Selectfoam” and it concerned me.

The Restava may “feel” similar to one or another of the Tempurpedic mattresses to some people and it may also be a suitable choice for you but it has a completely different design.

Does this mean, that it likely wont feel the same as the Weightless Supreme? I dont want to go thru all the motions of buying a mattress, only to have to return it and find another one, because the comparison is misleading. I know they are a member of this site, which is why I am considering them as an option. I live in the Chesapeake,Va area and have only tested mattresses thru major mattress stores (matress firm , etc).
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Hi jpdaley1026,

There are several ways that one mattress can “match” another one. One of these is by “feel” (which is more subjective) and the others include the design, the quality of the materials, and the pressure relief/comfort and the alignment/support of the mattress. There is more about this in post #9 here.

The Westin uses a different combination of materials than the Weightless Supreme but it is designed to have a very similar overall “feel” (different designs can have a very similar “end result” and this is part of the “art and science” of mattress design and theory).

You can use the post I linked as a reference to ask them about the different ways that the Westin may match the Weightless Supreme but in general if a manufacturer indicates that the “feel” is very similar to a well known mattress (which they do) and they have a free return policy where it’s easy to return a mattress if the customer doesn’t agree and the manufacturer is knowledgeable, experienced, and reputable (which they are) then it’s usually a good indication that they are confident that most people would agree with them.

Phoenix

Ok, great. Thanks for your help. That makes me feel better. I am going to call them to get more info.

Well, I just got off the phone with Patricia from Restava, and she was really helpful, and also got a great deal. They had a New Years sale that ended on 1/21. I had noticed the sale price then, and saw that the price now is 300.00 more. She honored the sale price, and also honored the free pillows, which she said is no longer supposed to be offered, but since it was still on the web page, she would give them to me. So, along with the MU discount, I got a very good deal.
I am really looking forward to the new mattress, as mine right now, is like sleeping in a hammock. I ordered the Westin Gel. I will update after I receive the mattress (about 7-10 days).
Thanks for all the help and info to those here at the MU.

Hi jpdaley1026,

I think you made a great choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and your comments about how you think it compares to the Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme.

Phoenix