Healthy Choice Mattress

I’m looking to replicate the HC Mattress Marigold model that I tried in their store with a DIY split king mattress. The only info I can find out is it’s a 12 inch all Talalay Latex with 3 layers with an organic cotton and wool cover. The layer configuration is soft top layer, xfirm middle layer and firm bottom layer. No info on the thickness of each layer or if their Talalay is 100% pure Talalay with no synthetics. Does anyone know more info about this mattress? I really liked it (not the price) and the fact you can’t swap out layers for comfort. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey jugarf,

Welcome to TMU and thanks for your question :slight_smile: !

There are several older Phoenix posts regarding the Healthy Choice brand, you can check them out here and here, you may find them somewhat interesting for a background reference about HC. Their site doesn’t disclose any proprietary details, so unless one of their stores is willing to give you some approximate ILDs for each layer, there is no easy way to answer your DIY q’s.

Healthy Choice’s site states that their latex is processed in Connecticut using the Talalay method, so Talalay Global is likely providing their Talalay latex. TG produces several formulas of Talalay, but to your point, it’s speculation on whether HC is using a blended formula or otherwise without their disclosure. According to their site FAQ’s, all of Talalay Global’s latex is certified Oeko-Tex Class I, ensuring the highest level of health and safety of its use.

I’m not familiar with the Marigold model or the HC brand. You may want to check in with trusted member @KenHightower with Arizona Premium Mattress, he has deep latex DIY experience and may be familiar with this company’s products. You may ask questions on their forum here. Hope this helps some and good luck with your DIY journey :wink: !

Sensei

Thank you so much! I suspect (from a posture picture on their website) that they are using Talatech, which I read is a blended latex using synthetic rubber. It’s very disappointing when on a quest for a 100% pure organic latex mattress. I really liked this mattress and I don’t know how I can even replicate it. I’ve tried to do a DIY build on a few of the trusted websites and I’m finding it difficult to do an all Talalay (pure not blended) split king mattress. I don’t know if what I DIY would even be like the one I want. I did message Restopedic and they do custom, but they use the Talatech and don’t do zippers. I guess I’m afraid at this point to make a mistake and should just sleep on my 21 year old Kingsdown marshmallow! Don’t we all just want a good night’s sleep? I think I’ve reached the paralyzed by too much info stage!

Hey jugarf,

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: .

You are most welcome! If it is a GOLS certified/ Global Organic Latex Standard latex mattress that you seek, a natural latex/ Dunlop process latex is the only latex mattress with that certification. The Talalay process cannot be GOLs certified as some of the ingredients needed for the Talalay process are not organic in origin. GOLs requires 95% organic components by weight.

jugarf, I did a site search using the term “DIYer latex mattress”, and you can review numerous responses herethat may give you some insights. Be sure and check out TMU Ambassador @SweetDreams and DIY in residence @Mattrebuild, they have useful insights in the DIY category as well. And don’t forget that you are always welcome to ask questions of TMU’s trusted members, these specialize in the Latex/ all Latexcategory. Here’s to finding a good night’s sleep soon :wink: .

Sensei

Thank you so much for your help! I’ll check out the info you referred to!

Hello, I noticed this topic and wanted to mention that Healthy Choice Mattress is now part of The Clean Bedroom family, as of 2023.

All current Healthy Choice mattresses are made from GOLS-certified organic dunlop latex and GOTS-certified organic cotton and wool.

1 Like