Healthy Choice Organic Mattress

Hi – Does anyone have anything pro or con to say about these mattresses – they seem comfy but you never know until after a few nights :frowning:

i think i’m going to buy one - simply because the one i got at macy’s is a nightmare and i am returning it. Healthy choice has a store in town, it’s organic and easy.

Advice please!!

Hi peeps,

[quote]Hi – Does anyone have anything pro or con to say about these mattresses – they seem comfy but you never know until after a few nights :frowning:

i think i’m going to buy one - simply because the one i got at macy’s is a nightmare and i am returning it. Healthy choice has a store in town, it’s organic and easy.[/quote]

There is more about Healthy Choice in post #2 here and in post #21 here (and the posts they link to). They are high quality mattresses that use good quality materials (Talalay latex) but they are also in a more premium budget range than other similar mattresses so I would make sure you make some careful “value comparisons”.

Outside of the more extensive information in the mattress shopping tutorial … there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase relative to each person in post #13 here that may be helpful as well.

I’m not sure which of their stores you are close to but post #2 here or post #7 here will likely include some of the other options or possibilities I’m aware of that are close to you as well and that may also be worth considering.

Phoenix

Thank You Phoenix! I’m not sure what other latex mattress options there are in my area – the place in conn that you mention a lot is just too far. do you have any other recommendations in the tri state area?

also for healthy choice mattresses, they have some with 1 or 2 or 3 layers of latex. can you tell me what the difference is – why the number of layers matters please? (I’m sure the store has it’s own answers, but i want yours)

Thanks!

Hi peeps,

I don’t recommend specific mattresses (or even companies) because there are just too many unknowns and variables involved in choosing a mattress that may be best for any specific person out of all the thousands that are available in the market but there are many latex options in the list I linked.

If none of them are close enough to you then if you can let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of that may be closer to you that may also be worth including in your research.

Outside of more latex (or more of any material being more costly)… different combinations of materials, layering, thickness, and firmness are how mattresses are designed to be more suitable for certain body types, sleeping styles, and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). One isn’t better or worse than another … just different and more or less suitable for different people (and budget ranges). Thicker or firmer mattresses for example may work better for those in higher weight ranges while thinner mattresses may work better for those that are lighter. Other examples include softer or thicker layers being more suitable for side sleepers and firmer or thinner layers being more suitable for back or side sleepers. Some of the links in mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here have some generic information about different mattress designs and construction and there is more about this in the overviews as well (which is the first step in the tutorial).

Phoenix

Thanks so much Phoenix!!! You are a fabulous matress guru. My zip is 07901.

I know I have a sleep number store nearby but that has always seemed gimmicky. Also I have a terrible back to I feel like I need a tempurpedic (which was great till we got bedbugs in NYC) or latex.

I have been sleeping on a really squishy mattress that I bought at Macy’s for a year, but thank god they are taking it back.

thanks!

Hi peeps,

For the most part I share your thoughts about airbeds in general as you can see in this article.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Northern NJ area are listed in post #7 here.

Phoenix