Heavy person vs ultra plush mattress

Even though I am heavy person, can i choose ultra plush mattress? Because I don’t like firm

Hello f23948!

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

Yes! You absolutely can choose a plush mattress as a heavier person. The good news is softness and durability aren’t exclusive of one another, especially when considering latex.

If you’re looking at polyfoam or memory foam, you may wish to consult our Durability Guidelines to reference what we’d consider a durable IFD for a synthetic foam.

We’re always happy to help evaluate a mattress you may be interested in, as well!

NikkiTMU

2 Likes

thank you for reply. I’m going to choose ultra plush

Sorry for delay

I looked on the website, it says heavy person preferred firm mattress.

I’m 5’2" tall and 158 lbs, if I buy my brand new ultra plush pillow top mattress, am I going to sleep good on my brand new ultra plush pillow top mattress?

Bump still waiting for reply

Depends. They recommend firm and you like plush. Id go with what you like, but they probably recommend firm for a reason.

You arent that heavy. I would go for the plush. But feel free to get whatever you want.

John

1 Like

Oh ok thank you for reply :slightly_smiling_face:

Consider medium?

John

1 Like

Can you try them in person?

John

1 Like

Sure I I’ll buy medium

Hi f23948 .

The questions you’re posing here are entirely subjective and based on your personal stats and what you feel on the mattress. For example, if you lay on a mattress and I lay on the exact same mattress, we’re going to have two very different experiences.

Some heavy people prefer firm mattresses because heavier sleepers tend to sink more quickly and deeply into their layers.

We ultimately recommend testing a mattress before you buy if you’re unsure. We also tend to advise that you buy what feels best for you - but we can’t tell you exactly which mattress is best for you specifically because we aren’t you :slight_smile:

Please consider buying a mattress from a company with a flexible exchange policy and sleep trial.

NikkiTMU

1 Like

I’m side sleeper and I don’t usually back and stomach sleeper because I like looking at my alarm clock. I’m going to buy my ultra plush pillow top mattress with trial night sleep and flexible exchange policy