Heavy sleeper on memory foam

I purchased a restonic healthrest tempagel memory foam mattress about four months ago and love it so far. The firmness is medium and I’m about 130 pounds. I’m going out of town for five days and have a friend housesitting for me, which means he’ll be sleeping in my bed, but he’s around 180-200 pounds. I’m a bit worried that might cause some sagging in my mattress. Am I tripping or is that something that’ll probably happen? I know the Restonic warranty is basically garbage so I’m a little scared. Thanks!

Hi Afluffyone,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

Yes, you’re tripping. :slight_smile: I personally would have no concerns in your situation.

And warranties cover defects in workmanship (I wouldn’t agree with your “classification” of the Restonic warranty), and I wouldn’t expect a defect to occur with someone 200 pounds sleeping in your mattress for a few nights. You should be fine.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! I had a feeling I was being paranoid. He’s probably closer to like 220 but it should be fine. Like, the floor model I tried out at the store had been used for a year, and I’m willing to bet it was laid on a lot by people bigger than my friend. I’ve just heard nothing but bad things about Restonic’s warranty but whatever. Thanks again!

Hi Afluffyone,

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with your question and wanting to make sure that your mattress is properly cared for and supported.

I personally wouldn’t put too much stock in commentary that you read online. Quite often this is from people complaining about issues that are not in fact warranty problems, or more concerned with the 3-C’s (Complain, condemn, criticize). Making sure to choose a product that uses good quality and durable materials will always be your best way to not have any potential issue with a warranty claim. :wink:

Phoenix