Help Buying Extra Firm Latex Online

Hello,

For the past 5 years I have been sleeping on the floor with just a comforter only and I have no back problems at all. Now I am at the point in my life my partner wants to move in but she requires “normal” sleeping conditions with me. So I am looking for a mattress firm like floor. After doing research I am looking at Queen size 100% Latex. I am 6’ 220lbs.

Would a 6" Dunlop Hard IDL 48 + 2" Talalay Extra Firm IDL 43 be very firm like floor?

Another question, after calling locally there seems to be no choices for testing or purchasing 100% latex mattress in Vancouver. I do not mind shipping it to the post office in Washington and picking it up there if I buy online.

So I started looking for good resources for buying online and there is not many retailers that list what I want and it has really gotten frustrating trying to find.

What is the best places to buy online for what I require and have genuine product with fair price?

Thank you

Hi Floorsleeper,

It would be very firm (and much firmer than most people would be comfortable sleeping on) but it would have much more “give” than a floor. A single 6" extra firm Dunlop layer would be a little firmer yet without the additional 2" on top of it but would also have more give and be softer than a floor.

[quote]So I started looking for good resources for buying online and there is not many retailers that list what I want and it has really gotten frustrating trying to find.

What is the best places to buy online for what I require and have genuine product with fair price?[/quote]

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Vancouver area are listed in post #2 here and some of them carry latex (although I don’t know if they carry the ILD that you are looking for).

The tutorial post also includes several links to some of the better online sources for mattresses that I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and many of them make component latex mattresses that use different types and blends of latex in a wide range of designs, firmness levels, and prices. There is also a list of the better online sources for individual latex layers I’m aware of in any ILD or thickness you may wish in the component post here.

Phoenix