Help - continuing issue with Design Within Reach bed frame

Hey richkohan,

Welcome the TMU Forum :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

[quote]I got the DWR Matera bed that appeared to be have far more support. Solid wood slats and a specification that it can handle 750 lbs of weight. It also had storage so we felt that would give it added support.

I tried two mattresses on this one (the shifman and Kluft) and they both had the same sinking issue, although they did feel much better than when they were on the Nest bed.

Am I just going crazy or do these DWR beds really just no provide enough support for innerspring mattresses? DWR usually has their Sonno mattresses (foam) that are super light and apparently nobody has these same issues that I’m facing.[/quote]

You have been dealing with this “frame frustration” for quite awhile now, Rich. After reviewing your previous post #1 “Ottoman bed with wooden slats- central support required?”, I see that both Phoenix and an expert trusted member have commented at length regarding your situation, and the one thing I had planned to recommend you try, they have both suggested as well: put the mattress on the floor for a week or so and see how it feels/ if you still experience “sinking into” it. You did say that your bedroom’s space prohibited that experiment; however, trying the mattress on the floor is the one way to know which is the problem, the mattress or the frame. Several questions for you: what size mattress do you have, what is your height/ weight and have you contacted DWR directly for product support?

Thanks,
Sensei