Help Finding Innerspring in SouthCentral Pennsylvania

Hi punkrockrosebud,
Welcome to TMU.

I did move you to the talk to the experts category as I was hoping a couple of our trusted members might give additional insight as they know every mattress in their line-ups. They may be able to pinpoint something that might have gotten overlooked.

It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the Tutorial or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Having said that and knowing a little about what you have experienced thus far in your mattress journey, hopefully we can finalize your mattress map.

As you know the Millbrook 6000 is a medium - medium firm mattress, utilizing 2000 hand nested pocketed springs and 4000 microcoils. What is unique about the Millbrook is the manner in which they lay their coils. Rather than a straight row x and y axis method, they use more of a hand nested honeycomb method to occupy more area of the mattress giving it a more sturdy and supportive disposition. The down side it that Millbrook does not offer to the buyer, the specs on their springs, guage sizes and thickness’s of the individual comfort layers. They offer the size of mattress and number of coils, a listing of types of materials used, but do not go into much detail. That makes it very difficult to compare it to any other mattress for its long-term durability and overall lasting comfort.

Plus, as the mattresses get more complicated, they get more expensive. Complicated does not mean better quality or a more successful mattress solution. Like all things the more complicated, the more it is “perceived” to be expensive.

While my I know this mattress is known to be a good quality luxury mattress. There is simply no way to validate it for your comfort and longevity expectations.

At 140 and 190 the two of you should be able to find a happy compromise with that medium to medium-firm level. With a 3k price tag, you should be able to find something that suits the two of you. I am with you on the foam encased edge, I am a bigger fan of edge-to-edge coil construction.

Trusted member @TheCleanBedroom has several mattresses that fit your category along with the others that you have tried and seem to like. The Clean Bedroom Hudson Luxe. Their naturepedic Naturepedic EOS has potential, but you have to remember, that a fully tufted mattress will not have interchangeable layers like the EOS. When a mattress is hand tufted, the tufting goes through the entire mattress to keep the layers from shifting and giving it that awesome luxurious look, that you will be covering up with mattress protector, sheets and the rest of your bedding. The benefit is you can swap layers for comfort issues, so the changes of making a “mistake” are minimized.

@FLEXUS_COMFORT has a hybrid that offers a cooler sleeping mattress, again with customization for each sleeper. Quadra-flex. While it doesn’t meet all the criteria, it meets most other than the tufting.

@ShovlinMattress which is a two-hour drive from Lancaster, offers another alternative to what you like Trizone Classic.

Finally, I will mention @DLX again, I may have mentioned to you before. Not tufted, but a very nicely build mattress, and they have their no hard feelings guarantee. It is a polyurethane mattress, but with your bmi’s you fall right into the comfort zone with this mattress in their medium-firm DLX Premier.

Look, there are a plethora of choices out there. When you know the materials from which the mattress is made, it brings you a step closer in the selection wheel. We are all different and our preferences may change over time for some, they may not be exactly what we think they are.

It is good that you are able to get out there and try some mattresses. As you know, even laying on the mattress for 20-30 minutes does not guarantee success, it may simply eliminate those that you know you don’t like.

Hopefully, you have a little more options now. Good luck testing.

Give us the feedback on the naturepedic.

All the best,
Norm

1 Like